What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hi everybody

This is just a little early notice of our upcoming...

ANNUAL NASC AUCTION!
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Last year bidding was hot and heavy and a lot of nice things were acquired!

For those not keeping up with events via the the NASC forum and/or email list, NASC is rolling right along.  We have a Head Grower, growing regions set up with Regional Heads, a great web site (still under construction), Growers Policy in place, a plant coding system set up, plants tags are ordered and some growers have seedlings up and flowers in bloom!  Incorporation papers are making the circuit for signing and soon will be filed for our official status (hopefully prior to the auction).

This means....we are now at the point of incurring some costs.  So this year's auction is especially important.  We have many plans in the works, some of which call for expenditures.

We don't have the dates yet but TENTATIVELY, the auction might be in May or possibly early June. (I've already heard rumors of some nice things that will be offered!)

I just wanted to give a heads-up so you, all our wonderful supporters, can be preparing...like sowing seed or taking cuttings, etc.

We have been extremely grateful to all the forum members who have supported us SO generously in past auctions.  Its been a lot of fun and people have gotten some reeeaally nice plants.  Anybody can offer anything...even non-plant stuff. Anything that brings in a buck or two is welcome...from capensis seed to...say...a N. albomarginata purple/black...(eh Tony?...  
smile_m_32.gif
) So newbies to experts can participate!

OK...start thinking about what you might like to donate...or even make suggestions as to what you'd like to see offered and maybe someone will accommodate your request.

Thank you all!
biggrin.gif
See ya 'round the auction block!

Going once, going twice...SOLD! (hehe...just practicing!)

Yay!  I've been giving this much thought, so please help me out folks.  I started this growing season with over 70 plants in huge containers.  That has turned into over 120 plants (mostly Sarracenia).  I want to get new growers (or seasoned!) started with collections, so...I'm now offering:

BOG IN A BOX!!!!

Last year I had a post called 'Buy This Bog' where I offered various plants.  Bidders received A Sarracenia along with A piece of VFT and A Drosera.  

This year, I'm offering collections.  Each one will contain: SEVERAL Sarracenia (mostly species) AND A VFT (or two or three) and a Drosera (or two or three).

There will probably be at least three such packages available.  I'm looking forward to doing this for the benefit of the NASC and growers interested in North American CP.

P.S. After giving this some thought, each package will have a 'wild card' Sarracenia. Either a location data plant or a highly desired species variant (e.g., S. Minor 'Okee Giant')--stay tuned!

I'll be offering Roger Corman's 1960 film "Little Shop of Horrors" on DVD. Maybe not botanically accurate but still good for laughs.

Peter

Good offering Peter! B&W, right? The one with Jack Nicholson?

I'll be putting up a bottle of my Firey Dragon Sause....You can ask Plantakiss if it's worth bidding on!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Good offering Peter! B&W, right? The one with Jack Nicholson?

Correct. Jacks part is hilarious!

Firey Dragon Sauce!  HOT HOT HOT!  But gooood.
smile.gif

Well...I have to do some thinking.  I think there will be a D. regia...and possible a witch hazel tree...and of course there must be COUNTRY HAM!

There will be more stuff too...OHH yeah...I think there will be a packet of 50 assorted Lithops seeds as well.
smile.gif
Thanks to the kindness of Andrej in Germany.

Sounds like some good stuff so far!

depending if i get a node to errupt on another cutting i may have a N. veitchii cutting availible

I'll toss in a lot of orchids and maybe a Nep or two.

Can we try to have the auction earlier rather than later?  I think it should be ~the beginning of May.  If the timing was already debated at the recent meeting I missed, then I'll be quiet about it.  But early is better because plants aren't so far into their seasonal growth cycle and there's also much less risk of plants roasting in boxes.

We can discuss that at the next meeting. I just wanted to have enough time for people to be able to prepare plants they might be cutting/growing/sowing for spring.

Back