What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Group purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve, actually i think most ppl were aware about lol and your guys last group purchase. atleast those of us who are actually on the forums alot. dont see any reason why yah cant post that it went ok in this thread(which you and Tropics stated, i even stated i was aware it went off fine) however i think schoalty's analogy to a credit rating is about spot on. also since this is funded by commercial site the dealings need to be kept in PM as money is changing hands for th purchase of plants and not just rembursing for shipping. someone is making a profit even if its not lol.

well even a bad credit score can become good agian, no?

yes but it takes time and it actually hasnt been all that long ago that lol screwed up last. i agree fully that ppl can and do change atleast to some degree, the younger yah are the bigger the change is likely to be.

the mods felt it was their duty to make the newbies aware of lol's past(without naming him figuring anyone dealing with him would catch on) so that they can make an informed desition before plopping their hard earned cash down. those that have delt with him on the last deal have spoke up and defended him. no one has said anything bad about the last purchase. i think the matter is settled.

only with the credit score think but i dont think its completly settle as some things need to be heard!

cant see where any more disscution will do anything but hurt the situation. cause anything other than what has been already said will result in the drudging up of what all lol did wrong in the past versus what he has done right lately. cant see how thats going to be good. everyone is now aware that he is doing another group order(which may or may not actually go against the rules of the forum since it is now in public and out of private, tis a gray area) the newbies are aware there have been problems with the individual in the past unrelated to the current order, the newbies are also now aware that the last two orders went off without a hitch. and the newbies are also aware if something goes wrong its a private contract between them and lol and the mods and owners of this site can do nothing to help if something goes wrong.

looks to me like everything has been aired that should be

"Res ipsa loquitor"

Why the need to post something that people have shown to be satisfied with?

They say it will be "their" problem sorting out problems if a deal went sour.....why? Should I also come crying to you if my plant dies too? Doesn't make sense. It still sounds to me that the bottom line is we don't want you to do a group order or even buy plants from anyone else. Look at all the instances where someone would ask who has N. aristolochioides, or who has hamata or who has..... the result is the same. BTW, does this forum possess the non-profit certificate/license issued out by that state? Does monies collected from auctions qualify for not-for-profit status? Does this forum post any advertisements of monies collected for profit? Some questions that should be addressed.

M

those are a whole nother issues and are not related to the current one. the auction is being held by a group, PFT is just hostiing it and recieving no money for it.

with the hamata comment, those are generally from someone who has seriously looked and cant find. after being put on several waiting lists i finally found a cutting of hamata that i traded for. tis a whole nother issue unrelated to the current. if your out to start trouble i respectfully suggest that yah dont.

The auction belongs to NASC (hosted on these forums as a courtesy) see that forum for more info on them. From the best I can tell (I am not a memeber of the NASC) the status of their non-profit is stickied at the top of their forum. This is the topic I found after taking a quick looksie:
http://www.terraforums.com/ib312....t=21725
Andrew

Well it seems to me that all "types" of people have had a chance to speak here. We've heard from people that don't like the post posted by the mods, we've heard from people who support it, but at this point is seems the same points are getting passed back and forth. So now that the people that it has been read, and views have been posted... It's time to let it fall into the black hole of history.
Although one of those who were NOT happy of us posting this has requested a poll... So keep your eyes open it will be up soon. It's not often that someone requests a poll and we don't do it. lol Thanks to everyone who posted their views, and of course I wish everyone luck who decided to go in on the group buy.
Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back