What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Camera

• Thread starter Halt
  • Start date
Well, my mom is considering on buying a camera, and so far she has concluded on the Nikon D7000 and the Nikon D90. She's wondering on which is better in the long run, and which is better for everyday things like swim meets, fam vacations, etc.

Could you guys write your reviews here so she could read them, and maybe tell her some other kinds of cameras (1,000 ~ 2,000$) that are good as well... I don't know why, but she really likes Nikon more than Canon. ???

Thanks!

Hello,
When I'm looking for camera info I usually start with www.kenrockwell.com .
There's a lot of good info on that page!
-tech

i run Canon but Nikon makes good cameras......unless your mom has alot of money to throw at this i would suggest she step down to a $500 or so body and spend the difference in better lenses....more often than not its the lens that makes the biggest difference in pictures not the body.....

i run Canon but Nikon makes good cameras......unless your mom has alot of money to throw at this i would suggest she step down to a $500 or so body and spend the difference in better lenses....more often than not its the lens that makes the biggest difference in pictures not the body.....

+1

I have a D5000 ($500 range) and now looking back I almost wish I had just went with the D40 or something so I'd have extra cash left over for lenses.

Megapixels, the size of the sensor, etc aren't all too important unless you're gonna do some hardcore editing or printing.

Last edited:
well... my mom bought the D90 because it was on sale for 1275$ so she bought it...
I have no experiances with DSLR's (i don't even know what it stands for) but.. I guess the question now is if the 18-55mm and a 70-300mm lens are good..

Hello,
When I'm looking for camera info I usually start with www.kenrockwell.com .
There's a lot of good info on that page!
-tech

OMG..you have been assimilated. KR has got to be one of the most opiniated, and often wrong, people to go to. he even admits to making some stuff up and reviewing cameras he's never touched.

Last edited:
Thanks NaN! my mom was wondering whether or not to spend the extra moolah for the D7000 instead of the D90. But it's great that Costco gives a 90 day trial to see if you actually want the product or not.

OMG..you have been assimilated. KR has got to be one of the most opiniated, and often wrong, people to go to. he even admits to making some stuff up and reviewing cameras he's never touched.

hmm. i must be looking at the wrong pages! interesting... where's he admit this stuff at?

Back