What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

good bye old chatbox... hello new!

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
It was great, it was fun, it was great fun. And all great (fun) things come to an end... goodbye dear chat box. :cry:

to upgrade to the new version :) Let me know if you find a problem (other than the time stamp) and I'll look into it.

also, there is now private messaging in the chat... But only to Thank You members as yet another 'Thank You' perk!

click the down arrow on the left of the person's name you want to pm, select send PM, a box pops up, type in your message there, and send it. That must be done for every pm. and you can only send to people who also have the permission...

Enjoy!
Andrew

Last edited:
also know about the random boot when you haven't been inactive long.

I was in the chat when it went down. Then the whole forum was gone. I got nervous. Thought this wonderful wealth of information was going to be gone.

It looks the same to me. ???

And the forum looks the same too. ???

??? I just like this smiley. :)

Does this mean we get more new smileys?? :D

lol theres a few perks in the new chat. Like he said you hover over the green arrow in the chat near a name and a box with options will pop up

I heart the +1 level upgrade for the chatbox. 8)

sorry- mistyped it was a upgrade to the new version of the chatbox, not the forum. lol
so no... no new smilies ??? (I like that one too :D )

The time is incorrect on my screen. I don't think it's tied to the forum clock.

xvart.

Hmm the time for the posts is wrong? It shows right for me. Same witht he chat being right.

This is a good time to report a problem. Whenever I click on someone's name to go to their profile, says I'm not logged in and wants me to do it, even when I am logged in. It's annoying.

This PM feature sounds great!

the time problem is already reported and is being looked into.... (see my second post)

How many people are going "inactive" quickly? the time is set to 8mins... If this is happening to you, is it constantly happening too soon? at the same amount of time? any and all information helps, so far we are the only ones experiencing this problem....

Andrew

It seems like it does it every minute for me. I typed something at like 11:48 and by 11:50 I was logged out. Not sure why it does that.

the time problem is already reported and is being looked into.... (see my second post)

lol. Whoops! I better start paying attention or I'll get my pay cut! :nono:

xvart.

I think I figured out why the bouncing scroll bars happen too... (still happens Andrew) When someone uses smilies (ahem *D_M*) the hight of the 'text line' is slightly larger to accommodate the smiley than normal. So it sometimes leave the chatbox displaying half of the last line not all of it.

Don't know if you want to add that to the guy you were talking to Andrew.

Nate

I think some people need a limit on how many shouts they can send. When you click on archives and their number is increasing by 250-1000 PER DAY.......well you know.

Why limit? It's not a competition. It's a place to talk and share knowledge. I wouldn't care if the archive got reset daily. Your post count isn't an extension of your well you know.

Why limit? It's not a competition. It's a place to talk and share knowledge. I wouldn't care if the archive got reset daily. Your post count isn't an extension of your well you know.

Yes, but it is not a place for someone to chat to themselves for long periods of time spanning several dozens messages to no one.

xvart.

Back