What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting rid of picture plants

We need help getting rid of picture plants that grow on our land.  Cattle like them but the pictures give them gas.  We tried burning them and the dam pictures came back like dandylions in the spring.

The county agent won't help us because he says there something named jonesy and that means goverment says there endangered.  But my dad says there not named jonesy.  Grampa called them mountain sweet picture plants.  The flowers smell sweet but it isn't so sweet surrounded by a herd of gassy cattle.  Will roundup kill them or maybe the atrazine we spray on corn.

You could just try calling them sarracenia sp. (species). That might work. I dont know how they would deffinatively differentiate rubas from the subspecies jonesii.

I smell a sockpuppet or troll.

If you're for real, and the land is yours, then there are people on this list who would happily come over and assess the situation. Not sure what the law is regarding endangered plants like Sarracenia rubra ssp. jonesii, but if you intend to destroy the plants, we will remove them for you.

*sniff sniff*
smells like troll..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ Sep. 18 2005,8:53)]I smell a sockpuppet or troll.
LOL.  I had to look up sock puppet, but I know what a troll is.  My first thought was: how many of you now need CPR.  
smile_k_ani_32.gif

But skepticism aside, yeah, we're a real helpful bunch, and your problem and the pitcher plants can both be helped.  BTW, you may or may not know that 'mountain sweet pitcher plant' is synonymous with S. rubra ssp. jonesii (but may apply to others species).  Also, I do not believe that this subspecies is native to Alabama.  Is that where you live?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scottychaos @ Sep. 18 2005,9:05)]*sniff sniff*
smells like troll..
Me thinks a trolling sock puppet...

I don't likes them picture plants on me property.
Troll alert detected. Wait if you tried burning them, how come the county agent didn't say anything abou that?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JBL @ Sep. 18 2005,9:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (scottychaos @ Sep. 18 2005,9:05)]*sniff sniff*
smells like troll..
Me thinks a trolling sock puppet...
I think Ozzy may be bored tonight...

confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

I know it's coming, I can feel all the suspicious eyes burning holes in me. I have an alibi. I have 4 other forum members that saw in my NJ last night and I was no where near a pc.
This is so obviously a joke, and not ever a good or well planned out one. I can do better than this in my sleep.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bama @ Sep. 18 2005,8:11)]We need help getting rid of picture plants that grow on our land.  Cattle like them but the pictures give them gas.  We tried burning them and the dam pictures came back like dandylions in the spring.

The county agent won't help us because he says there something named jonesy and that means goverment says there endangered.  But my dad says there not named jonesy.  Grampa called them mountain sweet picture plants.  The flowers smell sweet but it isn't so sweet surrounded by a herd of gassy cattle.  Will roundup kill them or maybe the atrazine we spray on corn.
Cows with gas... must be nice to sleep with the windows open *ah, nice and fresh* yep

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Juan-Carlos @ Sep. 19 2005,12:51)]Cows with gas... must be nice to sleep with the windows open *ah, nice and fresh* yep
You haven't lived until you've spent a drunken night lighting cow farts.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Sep. 18 2005,11:50)]
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

I know it's coming, I can feel all the suspicious eyes burning holes in me. I have an alibi. I have 4 other forum members that saw in my NJ last night and I was no where near a pc.
This is so obviously a joke, and not ever a good or well planned out one. I can do better than this in my sleep.
Ozzy,
We all know the stunts you pull.
Who are the 4 forums members that can back up your alibi in NJ?

LOL. Yeah!!! I don't remember seeing you there... I saw Joe. I saw Steve. I saw Bob. Were you there??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Sep. 19 2005,10:05)]LOL.  Yeah!!!   I don't remember seeing you there...  I saw Joe.  I saw Steve.  I saw Bob.  Were you there??
Yeah! I just remember a wandering pair of TONGS...and I bet you remember those too, PAK...
smile_m_32.gif

hi iam looking for picture plants plz message me i can take sum off your hands

I feel so betrayed by what I thought were my friends. I was called a toad in another thread and now I'm being betrayed. I can prove I was there and that I was there with 3 other members.

group.jpg

There, dispute that. I guess I can't prove that elgecko was there but somebody had to take that pic. I also got a hundred chigger bites on my feet to that proves I was there.

There dispute all that proof.

Ozzy...that spot on your shirt...is that chigger juice??

I think the spots are from a leaky water bottle that somebody was squirting in the air.
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Cattle like them but the pictures give them gas.

Why would you care if your cows have gas? Do you keep your nose close to their butts?

Ozzy,
fool me once shame on you,
fool me twice shame on me
fool me 3 times and I deserve to be shot

I would have thought of a better joke then this lame gassy cow joke.

Back