What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Germination

OK, so is it normal for Sarracenia seeds to germinate less than a week after they are sowed? I stratified my S.alata Covington,LA seeds for 6 weeks wrapped in a moist paper towel in the fridge. I then planted them less than a week ago, and already, about half of the seeds have germinated. Is this normal or not?

I stratified mine for 4 weeks and got germination in 13 days and even then, I still new sprouts emerging :p

13 days is nothing unusual. It's about the earliest seeds will germinate, with most taking 15-30 days.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alvin Meister @ Nov. 20 2005,4:02)]13 days is nothing unusual. It's about the earliest seeds will germinate, with most taking 15-30 days.
Yeah, but mine germinated in 6 days
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Sorry, I misread your post!

That is very early and I never get them going within 6 days! Alata grows in some of the warmest areas and might be raring to go after such a cold length of time.

Back