What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Georgia CP trip

On the way back to the house currently from what was a great trip to see some CPs in the wild, these I found on my own and I will not disclose the exact location.
I will post photos when I return, but the sarracenia minors I saw were huge. Outstanding plants, along with several thousand d. Rotundifolia, and some u. Inflata.
I saw one plant which I believed to be a hybrid between psittacina and minor, but no psittacina around.
The plants were very very large, usually in clumps....I will post photos once I get back to the house in WA more than likely as the internet connection here is crap hahaha.

a sneak peak of some of the photos
this was the first good sized clump i came upon
Sminorclump.jpg

What part of Florida? What kind of habitat did you visit? And most importantly, did you see any Pinguicula?

i hate you so much sometimes SK! :p :D lucky SOB! :D

awsome! Those sarrs are fantastic! That's pretty sweet, I gotta do that some time... some time in my life..

Hi SK,
You mean D. capillaris, right? I do not "think" D. rotundifolia is supposed to be in Florida(but Dionaea is not either, lol, and it's there).
Can't wait to see the photos!

Cheers,

Joe

Well the site I was reading up on, said that this area was rotundifolia. I will post a pic in a bit for you

Drosera.jpg

Sminor.jpg

Uinflata.jpg

the only S. minor that hadnt gone through petal drop
Sminor-noleafdrop.jpg

one of the pitchers, definitely not the largest one i saw that day....but it was nice
Sminorpitcher.jpg

Looks like caps to me, but how do they compare to your native state's rotunds?
Say, did the topic title change states?
Or am I going

:crazy:

Cheers,

Joe

PS Those pitchers are awesome.

yeah it changed states, this was in georgia...but since im in florida on vacation, got mixed up
ive got some pics of the native rotunds from washington, check up in the conservation station for a thread called a look into the past for some pics on those

What part of Florida? What kind of habitat did you visit? And most importantly, did you see any Pinguicula?
it was actually in Georgia, exactly where i will not disclose as this was actually a group that was away from alot of people, and looked untouched.
i saw no litter except a cup or two which i picked up and threw away in the trashbag we had in the car.
No i did not see any pinguicula, i looked but to no success.

i hate you so much sometimes SK! :p :D lucky SOB! :D
Lol Frankie, if we ever are in Florida at the same time, i will have to show you this stand, Maybe we can get together sometime for a trip to see some Darlingtonia ;)

awsome! Those sarrs are fantastic! That's pretty sweet, I gotta do that some time... some time in my life..
The pictures do them no justice in any way shape or form
Everywhere i looked, it was S. minor and D. capillaris or rotundifolia, i have no idea lol im no Drosera expert.
the surrounding ponds and lakes were filled with U. inflata.
I was completely lucky to stumble upon this find.

And please people, i know alot of you would never remove CPs from habitat unless there was a solid reason (development, etc)
But if the area is untouched, PLEASE
Take only photos and leave only footprints.....

You always know how to make us jealous, Kris. ;)

Very nice, I like the variation between the lids with the minors.

Back