What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gardening Vlog

• Thread starter thez_yo
  • Start date
Next vlog!
I just watched this one, you mentioned that you put pygmy drosera gemmae with your nepenthes seed to help them sprout. This is the first I’ve heard of this idea and wondered if you could expand on it.

I just watched this one, you mentioned that you put pygmy drosera gemmae with your nepenthes seed to help them sprout. This is the first I’ve heard of this idea and wondered if you could expand on it.
Root hormones I assume is coming out of the sprouting gemmae, so maybe it's giving the Nep seeds a boost. All I know is I had trays of seed a year or two ago doing nothing for months and months, and almost immediately after I added some gemmae they finally sprouted. So I drop gemmae in with the Nep seeds now when I have them. I'm actually testing the theory out now with my current batch of Nep seeds because I had enough gemmae for maybe half the Nep seed trays.

Time for the next Vlog!

No matter what I try, I can't seem to get my phone to upload my video off itself, so maybe this is the end of the vlogs.

That's odd. Have you tried rebooting your phone? Are you using the youtube website or app? Any particular error or it just sits there? There is always Rumble! ;)

That's odd. Have you tried rebooting your phone? Are you using the youtube website or app? Any particular error or it just sits there? There is always Rumble! ;)
Rebooting my phone and computer, and tried moving the file to my computer to upload and it wouldn't transfer, and uploading directly to youtube from my phone didn't work either. IDK what's wrong, because I tried making the video all over again too and no dice. Somehow the phone is corrupting the videos or something.

Can you view the video on your computer if yes it's probably not corrput. Can you share the file to me through google drive or something so we can make sure it's not just a situation at your house? Maybe modem or router needs a reboot?

Can you view the video on your computer if yes it's probably not corrput. Can you share the file to me through google drive or something so we can make sure it's not just a situation at your house? Maybe modem or router needs a reboot?
I can't even email it to myself off my phone... somehow my cellphone is making corrupt videos or something. Idk... maybe I'll try to refilm tomorrow after another reboot but today I'm already over re-filming :ROFLMAO:

Email usually had a pretty small file size limit so a vlog video would probably fail regardless. I don't blame you about refilling the whole thing! Could try a really short video so you're playing with a smaller video size for tests.

Email usually had a pretty small file size limit so a vlog video would probably fail regardless. I don't blame you about refilling the whole thing! Could try a really short video so you're playing with a smaller video size for tests.
Maybe tomorrow

o_O

In the meantime, I got my woodland flowers including jack in the pulpits and my onion sets of which there were 5 dozen (!!!!!!!) through the mail yesterday so I've been a busy bee planting. The apricot branch finished blooming and the nectarine in blooming now, the rhubarb is pushing up leaves like a champ, and today I potted up seedling pots with tomato, tomatillo, ground cherry, cucumber, melon, and basil seeds. And I need to wait til I get more grocery flyers tomorrow to make more pots for the rest of the seeds I had picked out because somehow I always think I'm gonna plant less than I do...

Busy season! Hope your back holds up.

Ok, finally my tech decided to play nice. Here's last week:
And this week:

Next one!

Next one's up

Things are really getting going outside

Next vlogs up

Next vlog!

Next vlog is up

This one's a little shorter

Next one!

Back