What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FTS Yellow August 2011

Got such nice feedback from the Deep Red Guerrilla and Purple Ambush thread, I figured I'd share some photos I recently took (by request) of the FTS Yellow flytrap. FTS Yellow is a plant I started from seed in vitro in 2008. It's tentatively named "FTS Yellow" for obvious reasons ;)

Enjoy!

9c4be32ff79cc4d0f8c061aa.jpg

84ca336a19e8bfee56e4da44.jpg

95cbed9d81c29d4306188d3e.jpg

Yup, it definitely yellow. :-D What is the red one next to it? The traps look large.

Traffic lights! :p

looking good

Wow, very cool coloration. Does it stay as such in full sun??

That Maroon Monster is not VERY SMALL :)

Maroon monster... :drool:

Does it have any more or less protection against harsh sun, like red ones?

Wow, very cool coloration. Does it stay as such in full sun??

That Maroon Monster is not VERY SMALL :)
I've not put this plant in full sun for very long yet, though my greenhouse has clear paneling on it so it only blocks a bit of the UV. But the plant has stayed bright yellow since I deflasked it about 2 years ago now.

And the only reason that Maroon Monster hasn't shipped yet is because it's "too small" :)
Does it have any more or less protection against harsh sun, like red ones?
I can't really answer that because I've not left it out in full sun for very long. But I sent one to Steve (my business partner) and it did fine outside in the sun until a bird dug it up and left it to dry up and die :nono:

Why do I have to be color deficient? It looks the same of the one on the left to me.

Woah, Matt. Thats a blinding yellow!

Back