What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those who have not heard. N. thorelii has finally been rediscovered

Never knew it was lost, however, I'm not a lowland grower, so...
Amazing Nep though!

Nifty! I wonder how long before we get some REAL N. thorelii over here?

The flower stalks on those are crazy tall, I don't think I've seen any other Nepenthes with scapes like that - perhaps in the wild the flowers develop differently than when flowering in cultivation?

Some people may be confused since there are so many plants being sold with the name "N. thorelii" but are not this plant. I've owned several as well as am now working with some seeds of a supposed N. thorelii but who knows what it will really be if / when they germinate.

Now... who's gonna get N. klossii started!

Last edited:
very nice...very very nice.

@swords: N. klossii is in cultivation...just a very few select peeps have them. who they are, i have no idea, but i know that they do exist.

edit: took a look. thorellii was not as i initially expected. still, it is a decent plant to look at.

Here's hoping these don't get poached.

N. klossii is in cultivation
Yeah, I know it is, what I mean is when will someone make it commercial - at least commercial enough that I can get a couple!

I even pestered one of the people who is growing them now, unfortunately he lives in South America and is not at all interested in selling one of his two plants! :lol:

Last edited:
Wow! That is a spectacular nepenthes!

Awesome! It is a beautiful species. Now let us rediscover N. mollis.

I never thought they would find it, but I
cant wait to have one in my greenhouse!:D

I dont think that is the real N. thorelli or it would be selling for a lot more than 11 bucks and the buyer would say that it was more than just rare...

Probably had it and then saw the Post about the rediscovery. No matter how rare it is, i don't think it would demand a high price . . .

It is not a thorelii, that is for sure...

Nobody noticing the :lol: ?

But do notice how the seller made NEW in huge letters (he's offered these plants before).

Some very interesting variations; quite a nice species!

Excellent news! Francois must be super excited, he loves thorelii. I can see why, it's an impressive lowlander.

Wow that is really impressive and great news!

I congratulate and respect all those involved in the rediscovery of this species. Truly a monumental day for the Nepenthes community!

Back