What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foliar feeding stubborn plants

After I was thinking that foliar feeding a nep with some fertilizer helps it out, as I have done before, I was thinking, why not try it out on some Utricularia species that don't want to flower, such as U. longifolia or U. alpina or other plants with large stolons? What do you guys think?

-Ben

go ahead and try it, i never saw much change one way or the other, use dilute ferts though. i just used my normal orchid fert at 1/4 strength

Ok, I'll try it. I'm using Epiphyte's Delight. But I was wondering, 1/4 strength of what? On the side, it gives ya different amounts.

"For bi-weekly or monthly application: mix in the ratio of 1/2 tablespoon of epiphyte's delight per gallon of water. For weekly application: use 1/4 tablespoon per gallon of water. For those who wish to feed the plants every time they water: fertilizer solution should be diluted to 1/10th of a tablespoon (just a pinch) per gallon."

-Ben

i would prolly just use the 1/10 but not water them every week with it, maybe once a month and if your Utrics are in trays i would spray out the trays every month or so to prevent a build up of any unwanted extra stuff

Ok. Would that small amount really do anything though? I used to use about a pinch per small spray bottle for my neps.

-Ben

all your doing is giving it some minerals and such that are lacking due to our fairly sterile growing procedures. if yah want to try heay fertilization go ahead but i would recommend seperating a plant into a different try before trying it. who knows yah might have real good luck. i use the same strength fert on my neps as i do my Utrics. i sometimes see big spurts in my neps but minimal improvement with my Utrics. if yah want to experiment im all for it, just remember not to sacrifice anything rare or expensive the first go round.

Back