What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Florida

I just recently arrived in St. Augustine, FL (NE) :wave:. I am wondering if there are CP societies, shops or general points of interest in this part of Florida. Any info or ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance.

Jack

Check out the farmers market every wednesday at the pier on St. Augustine Beach. A few times I met people selling Carnivorous plants, mostly Sarracenia's. One woman has a huge collection of Tillandsia.

To see carnivores in the wild, travel south to Faver-Dykes State park. I haven't been, but they appearently have S. minor, P. lutea, and the usual drosera and utrics.

If you are interested in orchids and more tropical plants, then you have to go to Washington Oaks State Park. Take time to walk all the trails. Epidendrum magnoliaea are plentiful, as are Tillandsia bartramii and Phlebodium aureum. I've even seen Encyclia tampensis, Hexalectris spicata, Tillandsia utriculata, Harrisella porrecta. I recommend bringing binocs as most of these are way up in the trees.

I just recommend trying something new whenever you can, keep your eyes open, and enjoy the city. Who knows what will turn up!

Back