What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flava var atropurpurea in situ

dionae

sarracenia lover
Hello everyone. I'm heading out later tonight to go to Blackwater River State Park. I was wondering if anyone has been there and knows where to locate the flava atropurpureas. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Post pics of any CPs I find while i'm down there.

I can't wait to see your pics. Have fun and be safe :)

Thanks Andrew!

"Take only pictures, left only footprints"

Looking foward for the pictures !!

I was actually planning on bringing back a couple hundred:crazy:. Thanks for the tip maiden:-)).

Hopefully, I can find some CPs and this weather hasnt delayed their growth. I'd really love to see a field of flava flowers.

There's a slight chance that flowers may be up.

I dont know you my friend. Dunno how you think in your head. Many ppl i know collect plants from the wild and this upset me a lot.

So, no problem for the tip, was my pleasure;)

Edit: still look foward for the pictures !

Last edited:
There's a slight chance that flowers may be up.
Flowers and pitchers are up:). Didnt find the flavas but found some leucos, some very pretty red plants too, and other CPs. I havent given up on the flavas though. Going to go back and look more before I leave FLA.

I dont know you my friend. Dunno how you think in your head. Many ppl i know collect plants from the wild and this upset me a lot.

So, no problem for the tip, was my pleasure

Edit: still look foward for the pictures !

Its all good and I wasnt trying to have an attitude...seriously. I just took several pictures;). Post them when I get back.

Good luck finding it. It's a fairly rare variant.

I'm back. Went to a few different spots and found some really nice plants. Lil early in the season for good pitcher growth but saw a few pitchers and lots of flowers. Found leucos, flavas, dews, utrics and sphagnum. Didnt find the atropurpureas, which was the main plant I wanted to see, but still took close to 100 pics of what I did find. Post some in the next couple of days.

Very cool to see them in their natural habitat and to see they grow in soil nothing like the consistency of the 50/50 peat/sand mix I use. Wish my children wouldve went on the trails with me, I think they wouldve liked it, but they had no interests in hiking around looking for plants with their weirdo father just going to the beach lol.

Back