What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally repotting after 5 years!

• Thread starter thez_yo
  • Start date

thez_yo

instigator
Finally, after about 5 years in the same pot my collection of Sarracenia got a nice repot to separate pots:

P1210160_zpsudco9ddi.jpg

IMG_3659_zpskzlvhniv.jpg

IMG_3660_zpsqc6zivwp.jpg

Left to right, S.rosea luteolata, a couple divisions of S.umlauftiana, S. 'Adrian Slack', couple divisions of S.minor, and a S.flava ornata semi-dwarf with dark veins.

IMG_3661_zpsmtdf7tfl.jpg

Putting some sphag on the bottom because I'm using peat : sand and don't want the bottom washed out. Usually I don't bother with peat : perlite, but... I'm trying something new.

IMG_3662_zpstg1ypupo.jpg

and back outside!
IMG_3663_zps8vxcm6r9.jpg

IMG_3664_zpsgipksd4x.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Very cool. i'm sure they're enjoying the extra room. What's the condition of the peat like after all that time?

Around the edges of the pot it was a little slimy, but in the center it was completely fine.

P.S. I repotted the bigger mossy pot that's behind that first shot of the combined Sarra pot last weekend too - it was down to essentially just a gigantic D.multifida of some kind. All these black yarns are actually Drosera roots (it goes dormant for me outside over the 'Winter'):

IMG_3641_zps565lnjyx.jpg

And now:

IMG_3644_zps3m8fbtba.jpg

That one I just put in my customary peat : perlite, but with some sphag on the bottom too.

the well deserved re-potting should pay off in some good growth for you I would imagine. happy growing!

I'm also getting back into the swing of things! One of the lady slippers you sent me back in the day started flowering as of last year. It's just started to unfurl it's first bloom of the year - I'll be entering it into February's pic contest.
Cheers,
~Joe

Around the edges of the pot it was a little slimy, but in the center it was completely fine.

Really? When I wait that long to repot there is usually nothing but perlite and roots left.

Back