What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DJ.Zany-NL-

Dead to Mosqueeto's ALL OF THEM!
ok here are a few question's ive been dieying to ask!

my pitcherplant and nephentes
1.is it true that feeding them decreases their livespan?

my Sundews
2.in 1 pot i got 3 sundews i think 1 is flowering but since it looks way to crowded i want te repot one or 2 in another pot, is this safe for my plant's?

My VFT
3.why is it missing it's typical red mouth!

my Pinguicula hybrid
4.it looks like it's getting new leaves from every part of the pot Oo. i this normal? it's kinda messy :S

terrarium
5.if im ever to get a terrarium for a gecko of some sort can i place my plant's in it as well without the risk of one eating the other? :p

soil
6. i've heard that if i'm ever to repot a CP it need's special soil, what kind of?

that's all for now prolly more upcoming sometime soon ;)

Last edited:
Lower lifespan? I think not.

If they're happy, I'd let them be there. Besides, they're probably trying to get over the climate change.

Idk, try giving more light.

Are you sure it's not new plants? And yes, it's normal for plant to make other plants by root.

Idk, I doubt the plant will eat the geckos

Um, you mean Peat/Perlite or other mixs?

3. it could be the clone I have one from the hardware store that has nice red traps and the outside of the traps color up to a nice orange then another from the hardware store that is green and even in full sun the traps only turn a light pink color inside.
6.It depends on what you are growing, but it is most likely going to be a 50/50 mixture of peat moss and perlite Or peat moss and sand fertilizer free.
That soil mixture works for like 80 percent of carnivorous plants.

i thank thee :hail:

update:
one of the mouth's in my VFT is getting more and more red :D
and another 2 questions: my do i have to refill the water in my Sarracenia purpurea ssp venosa (god i love to say that!) reguarly or does it make it's own water?
question 2: will my gecko lizard reptile anything i might get eat my CP's instead of them eating it?

I don't know what these have to do with conservation but:

Drosera aliciae are prone to clumping and are perfectly happy growing that way. Repot them as you wish as it make no difference.

Coloration on Dionaea depends mainly on the plant itself and the quality and amount of light it gets. Some will not get very red no matter the light conditions.

Sarracenia purpurea produce very little to almost no pitcher fluid on their own which are why the pitchers are open to the rain. Fill them about 1/3rd to 1/2 if you wish.

Re: gecko - not sure what you're asking. Your gecko will eat just about anything within a certain size that moves. Any live insects you drop in the tank are likely to get eaten by the gecko before the plants (passive) get a chance to trap the insect. The gecko might eat a trapped insect that is struggling. If you're worried about the gecko eating the plants I suppose it depends on if the gecko eats plants to begin with. If you are asking if the plants will eat the gecko I suppose it depends on how large the gecko is relative to the plants.

nah it was if the gecko ate the plant's :) thanx for the answers (a)

Back