What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Female N. Maxima for trade

I got the plant as a cutting from a reputable grower in a Hawaii and the plant is a female. Currently stands at about 2.5'-3'. Perfectly healthy plant, but not pitchering due to my realization that I have very low light levels on my windowsill, therefore all the Neps have to go. Will trade for mature flowering size VFTs with lots of color

Probably need more sun for flytraps

Yep vfts are being grown outside, only Neps were grown on windowsill

Have you tried growing a nep outside while there isn:t frost? They can be quite adaptable.

I would second the recommendation to try the neps outside until it gets too cold before you trade then all away. My maxima adapted surprising well to full sun outside for the summer. During its winter stay indoors, it has not pitchered -- but I didn't really expect it to. In your area, you might have to give the neps some shade during the middle of the day when the sun is most intense.

Back