What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feed me, Seymore!

• Thread starter jrod
  • Start date
  • Tags
    baby
Just a baby Mexiping showing off its "beak"
MexipingMacro.jpg

I'm terrible at identifying butterworts. What kind is it? :blush:
Nice pic

I don't remember the full ID for this guy, but I know it's moranensis x ehlersiae. I'm really impressed with its coloration under my mediocre lighting. It's growing about 18 inches under 8 x 32W T8 bulbs, 4@4100K 2800 lumen and 4@6500K 2850 lumen. All my other pings are starting to show some color, but nothing near the show this guy's putting on. It's looking like a great candidate for windowsill growth.

Got to snap a few more macro shots...

P. x (laueana x emarginata)
CroppedMexipingMacros002laueanaxema.jpg

p. x 'John Rizzi'
CroppedMexipingMacros003JohnRizzi.jpg

Enjoy...

WOW, what kinda zoom is that? Except for the GIANT perlite, the plants look almost adult. Very well done.

Thanks. Sort of reminds me of the tower at the end of Neverending Story...

I visited cambodia a few years ago when I was little. I ran into this while playing tag and It smelled like doookie!!!!!!! it wasn't rotting either. I could be wrong, but it looks sooo similar to the plant I found.

Those are Mexican.

dunno where cambodia is... but it could have been devils claw or somthing along the lines. its got really sticky leaves and smells rotten!
Alex

EDIT: had to use google. CPs live in just about every continent in the world and are very numerous in Asia. CPs dont really stink though...

It could have been a Amorphophallus. Many species live in that area and a lot of them have the corpse stink like the titan. When open they have a similar shape to the Ping in the above photo.

Back