What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ever heard of these?

These are three sarracenia that I haven't heard of before. Does anyone have these, and if so, what do you think of them?

'Farnhamii '
Hollandia'
Stephensii'

I've seen 'Farnhamii' before. It's pretty impressive, but not commonly grown. If 'Stephensii' is the same as 'Stevensii', then that's another name for 'catesbaei.' It's an old synonym. I've never heard of Hollandia.

Thanks! I'll look into it some more.

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

on the CP photo finder it says this

The ICPS Database states, S. x stevensii is synonym for S. x catesbaei (flava*purpurea). The name S. “Stevensii” is currently being used for a plant that is clearly not (flava x purpurea), rather what appears to be a (rubra gulfensis x leucophylla) cross.

So it may not be the same as catesbaie. Hmmm...... I'm going to keep looking into this!

There are two Dutch tissue cultured clones - one is a S.x readii, which has been labelled "farnhamii".

The other is an unknown pink hybrid labelled as "stevensii".

The names aren't valid, but using them for those two particular clones, as if they were cultivars, means buyers know what they will be getting.

Back