What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elections over

• Thread starter Dyflam
  • Start date
Coincidence?
rock.gif

yes, coincidence.

and gas prices arent up here, they are the same as before the election.

but remember..if gas prices go up, its Bush's fault, because he can make prices go up so he and his "oil buddies" get richer.

and if gas prices go down, its also Bush's fault, because he can change gas prices to try to influence the election.

(and people are stupid enough to actually believe that! )
laugh.gif

Scot

You've got that right scottychaos !

Geez, I thought the Repub. got the gas prices lowered to WIN some elections. They must have thought we are a bunch of gullible people since most of the Dems. won.

Wait a minute since the gas prices went up after the Dems. won they must have had something to do with it. ??

You can come up with a conspiracy to fit most anyones cause
wink.gif.gif

Please don't tell me we are starting the whole 08 election debate already
mad.gif

The stock market hit new highs just before the election.  Bush and his cronies manipulated the market to get more votes.

This will show you how dumb they are, after the election, the Republicans are allowing it to continue to climb.

You believe that??  I have a thriving business I would like to sell you in downtown Beirut.
bigsmile.gif

"You can come up with a conspiracy to fit most anyones cause"

... and conversly you can dismiss almost anything by claiming it's a conspiracy theory.

Here's a link to a discussion of the whole thing - http://www.econbrowser.com/archives/2006/10/the_great_gasol.html.  Many of the comments tacked on the end, both pro & con, are pretty interesting.  If you like economics; which I do.

I saw something else a few weeks ago that described the economic black magic Big Oil can do.  I didn't read the whole thing, but it seemd to focus on how Big Oil can mask profits during big price increases and how refinery pricing can allow retail gasoline prices to be manipulated.  Both temporarily.

Despite the fact that I believe Big Oil does do a lot of conspiring for political reasons, I don't believe it's guilty this time.  Bush & the Republicans have made the Middle East a much more unsettled place and have crippled the US's ability to throw its weight around to serve US oil industry interests.  Why would Big Oil want even more of that?

The new Democrats are no more liberal than 1970s-era Republicans and are equally corporate-friendly, so they're not about to come in and nationalize the industry or anything.  Big Oil was might have been more worried about two more years of unfettered Republican rule than by a Democratic congress.

Back