What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dueoka's plants

• Thread starter dueoka
  • Start date
Update almost six month later.

burbidgeae x veitchii, the perfect birthday gift!

singalana x boschiana

rafflesiana

ventricosa x pectinata

singalana x diatas

maxima xx TM, I assumed this was the EP cross until this morning when I finally read the label and realized it was from BE...

kampotiana x ventricosa (Thanks Keith!)

Thanks for looking!

Awesome burbidgeae x veitchii!! How are you growing your highlands?

Awesome burbidgeae x veitchii!! How are you growing your highlands?

Thanks! I was surprised how nice the burb x veitchii was and even more surprised at that sing x bosch that came as a freebie! As for the highlanders, they are kept in a cooler with ice at night. I'm currently shopping for a chest freezer as a replacement. Certain things, such as that maxima x TM have been doing well without the nighttime temp drop.

Oh! hahaha, I vaguely remember you mentioning the cooler method once before. My brain has obviously been lost to my entomology class.
The burbidgeae X veitchii is definitely on my want list now!

Few pics:

ventricosa x densiflora

alata x khasiana

(ventricosa x sibuyanensis) x merrilliana

love the vent x sib x merriliana! Does that cross have a grex name?

Few more:

eymae x veitchii -thanks Keith!

heterodoxa x minor (my only heliamphora)

Current growspace

It's a jungle in there! Ventricosa x pectinata in the center has three growthpoints, noticed three new basals this morning. Sibuyanensis x maxima vine on the right (growing straight up) is over twelve feet long. The (vent x sib) x merrilliana pictured above is nearly three feet wide and starting to vine. Can't wait to move these into the new shadehouse (almost finished).

love the vent x sib x merriliana! Does that cross have a grex name?

Not to my knowledge. Interestingly, this one fades as it ages. While developing it's a dark red but slowly fades to yellow.

Love your ventricosa x sibuyanensis) x merrilliana and eymae x veitchii! Really nice!

How long have you had your Heliamphora? I've been thinking about getting one but haven't taken the plunge yet. So many places online say the temps can't go above 70 so I'm hesitant.

Thanks! I bought the heliamphora in the NASC auction last spring. I've got it in 100% live sphagnum in a goldfish bowl. So far it hasn't given me any trouble, it's a fairly bulletproof plant. I will probably repot it in the spring, you are welcome to a division.

Thanks! I bought the heliamphora in the NASC auction last spring. I've got it in 100% live sphagnum in a goldfish bowl. So far it hasn't given me any trouble, it's a fairly bulletproof plant. I will probably repot it in the spring, you are welcome to a division.

I'd be very interested if you end up with some extra divisions. I'll probably have some Nepenthes ready for cuttings by then if you'd like to trade.

Do you put your heli with your highlands or does it just stay out?

This one stays out. Like I said it's been fairly bulletproof. Definitely could use more light, I'm planning to pot it up and move it to a brighter spot once the shade house is complete.

(ventricosa x sibuyanensis) x merrilliana fully opened

That's just awesome! :hail:

That thing is huge! I am also going to venture a guess it's not yet fully mature either, but either way, can't wait to see what comes up next!

Time for an update, everything has been moved into the new shade house and is starting to really take off.

alata x khasiana

alata x truncata

sibuyanensis x (talangensis x mira)

ventrata EP

copelandii

ventricosa x pectinata

spathulata x boschiana

glandulifera x densiflora

eymae x jacquelinae

ventricosa x densiflora

rafflesiana

spathulata x tobaica

(Rokko EP x boschiana) x veitchii

(eymae x veitchii) x burbidgeae

ventricosa

eymae x veitchii

That thing is huge! I am also going to venture a guess it's not yet fully mature either, but either way, can't wait to see what comes up next!

Last but not least, (ventricosa x sibuyanensis) x merrilliana. These pitchers are enormous. In addition, the plant is putting out a flower, I will know in a few days whether it's male or female.

Nice plants! Are they all new pitchers? It is funny seeing the size discrepancy between the pitchers in the last photograph.

I'm waiting for my (ventricosa x sibuyanensis) x merrilliana to finally get that big. Waiting, waiting...

well they are looking fantastic

Back