What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dueoka's plants

• Thread starter dueoka
  • Start date
My first bunch of pictures of my plants! Enjoy!

My grow area

DSC02846_001.jpg

DSC02848.JPG

N. truncata

DSC02845.jpg

N. maxima

DSC02737.jpg

Day gecko

DSC02858.jpg

I'll post some pics of the hanging pots soon... :D

Last edited:
nice plants! That gecko is pretty awesome too.

Awsome setup!!! Very nice!!

Thanks! It's small, but slowly growing. I also have some plants hanging above. :-D

I'm thinking that I've never seen a photo of a N. maxima lower. Nice. 'Can't help but like the gecko.

Ya you think its "slowly" growing... untill one day you go to fit something in there and realize you have no more room hahaha ;)

Those day geckos are everywhere! This one was on an empty bottle in the kitchen! I have a small population in plants but the neps keep them in check.... :cry:

What!!!! thats sweet!!! I want one lol... there just wild there?

Here's a baby on an unopened truncata x maxima pitcher...

DSC02628.jpg

Haha, I love those little geckos in Hawaii! When I went to Kauai, there were these little orange geckos crawling all over the inside of the house. Such cute little guys. :)

Nice plants... especially the maxima.
As for the geckos, if one of my neps caught one then I would free it immediately. ;)

Nice plants. I like the truncatas. The lizard is cute especially on the pitcher.

Nice plants... especially the maxima.
As for the geckos, if one of my neps caught one then I would free it immediately. ;)

The ones I found were already dead. The first time I saw one in a pitcher, I actually considered giving up my plants. And it was in a maxima pitcher... :-(

Nicely grown. Love the Truncata.

Thanks everyone!

Looking back, the plants have come a long way! Here's the setup at the beginning of the year...

DSC02608.JPG

N. truncata x maxima (you can see my tanks in the background)

DSC02663_001.jpg

Older N. maxima pitcher

DSC02623.jpg

Love the pic with all the tanks in the background. Looks very interesting.

Love the pic with all the tanks in the background. Looks very interesting.

I second that. It looks like you're up to some serious stuff back there. Let us see! Let us see!!

Thanks for the comments! Taking pictures of the fish is a lot harder than taking pics of the plants... I'll work on it! :-D

I'm going to enter a plant in POTM because it's been with me for six months. But I have a question on it's identification and I want to know what to call it. To me it looks like truncata x veitchii, but I got it as truncata x maxima.

It's a lot fatter then the truncata x maxima pictures I've seen and also very hairy. The newest tendril is always hairy, so are the leaves, stems and the sides of the pitchers. What do you think? ???

DSC02906.jpg

DSC02910.jpg

http://www.cpphotofinder.com/nepenthes-x-maxima-x-truncata-1374.html

Anyone? Sorry the pics are bad, I took them in the morning when it wasn't very bright... :blush:

Here's a quick pick of another gecko. I've noticed that there's a male/female pair that hangs around the plants. I think this is the female. They're always chasing each other and darting away when I come near. I've started to put our mango slices for them and sometimes I catch them licking at it! :D

DSC02924.jpg

Back