What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosophyllum Seedling... a day in the life...

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
...at least until I kill it...

8/11/10:

Picture004-22.jpg

Last edited:
It just popped up on Wednesday.

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

It's october already?! :0o:

Very neat though!

Just wishiin'

8/2/10:

Picture013-4.jpg

Last edited:
Aloha Jim,

they will grow closer together. this pot started out as one I transplanted and then one that was planted in the pot germinated after a year.

DSC_00220001_1.jpg

DSC_00040001_10.jpg

today:
DSC_00040001_12.jpg

Last edited:
Lots of togetherness in that pot! I do plan to move that seedling to a bigger, taller pot. I'll be using my wife's spatula to get a big plug.

I expected more growth, another leaf this morning, but the one leaf just unfurled. I have no idea what that other seedling is, but it isn't a Drosophyllum.

Picture013-5.jpg

The seed on that other plant looks like Birch to me.

Picture004-21.jpg

I'm hoping there's a tomorrow for this plant. I just transplanted it to a taller pot.

Picture002-21.jpg
8/16

A new leaf is finally emerging.

The beauty of this species is that the seedlings do develop fast.

Picture003-3.jpg
RIP?

Same :D

In the words of McCoy, "It's dead, Jim."

That sucks :(
Did the repotting kill it ?

Hard to say. It was a couple days later. I think it did in an indirect sense in that it probably dried out in the pot, whereas it would have been less likely to do so in the planter. Live and learn.. again. I'll try them again next spring...

Ah that sucks.

Mine has taken off pretty well to San Jose, CA weather. It spends its days in hot baking sun in a very porous medium sitting in hot concrete and getting watered once a week:

cp-aug2010-drosophyllum001.jpg

cp-aug2010-drosophyllum002.jpg

cp-aug2010-drosophyllum003.jpg

Back