What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not a Number

Hello, I must be going...
Staff member
Just several questions from a newbie (me :blush: )

It looks like my D. paradoxa is flowering. I was planning on repotting them but now is probably not a good time, correct?

The growing season for petiolaris complex has been described as very rainy, with flooding - conditions as very wet, almost waterlogged. How wet should I keep my D. paradoxa which are obviously growing?

Repotting clumping species. I'm considering repotting my D. aliciae. Is it best to repot each plant separately or is it better to keep them in groups (not for aesthetic reasons but for the health of the plant).

Also inspecting my D. venusta and D. glapripes I found there are two or three other plants in the pot but pretty much covered by the largest plant. None of the smaller plants looked very happy, not much red, probably due to lack of light. I did feed the small D. venusta some bloodworm and they showed a modest growth spurt so that they are able to get more light and they are showing much larger leaves and better color. The D. glapripes I just turned the pot so the smaller plants get more light.

Again, should I repot these and spread out the placement or indivually pot the plants or just leave them pretty much as is?

Thanks

Repot if you want. Snip the flower if you want. You need 2 different clones anyway.

I keep mine in a tray of water.. lol I don't measure the water, maybe .25 inch?

I like to seperate mine because larger ones can overgrow smaller ones.

Really it's up to you :) If you like a mound, don't seperate.

Repot if you want. Snip the flower if you want. You need 2 different clones anyway.

Well that answers what would have been my next question...

I know, I'm always a step ahead :)

D. paradoxa often flowers. It doesn't drain them. Clumping plants like D. alicaia, if you have room, I would divide. It's always good to have backups, just in case.

I HATE dividing small plants lmao. I absolutely detest it! I usually crush half of them lmao.

Really with those wittle bitty baby plants I just throw them away. I know I'm horrible.

I HATE dividing small plants lmao.

lol. Yeah I'm not looking forward to dividing my lances here soon. I just want to cut the huge ones down and watch tiny little plants sprout up all over from the roots. Put that problem off for another year... but, then next year it will be really really crowded. lol.

xvart.

Back