What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera Madagascariensis, the Hydra

A few months ago, I decided to take a cutting from the top of my D. Madagascariensis.
When it started growing back, it did'nt just resume growth normally... It started growing out of 3 spots where I took the cutting!

ex2kvvm.jpg

PEd2zuW.jpg

zvwJiY0.jpg

oYRAsZg.jpg

The pictures are pretty bad, but you get the idea.
Is this sort of thing 'common' for this plant? I dont remember reading/seeing something like this anywhere else. It sure is awesome (and will be even more awesome if it happens again when I take new cuttings...)

As always, thank you for your time.

Maybe it's just a thing they do under certain conditions, or just at random, really. But either way, it sure is cool.

Last edited:
Or maybe it's just the same as other plants do when you cut off a leader, They sprout from (dormant) side shoots.

What Fred said. I wonder if it can be trained to be really bushy by selective pruning growth points.

Just like nipping out bedding plants

That wouod be cool if you could figure out how to make it bushy, and then tell us how to do it.

Sent from my SM-G935V

I just did

Back