What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking For (trade) Drosera, filiormis, binata waihohonu NZ, intermedia, capillaris

• Thread starter SDCPs
  • Start date
For a USDA zone 7 minibog project, drosera seed wanted of (I will also pay to acquire):

D. filiformis (atlantic version probably best considering zone)
D. binata T-form Waihohonu Desert Road (1080 m elevation), New Zealand

Also desired (lower priority):
U. subulata...not sure if the plants I ordered came with it :single_eye:
D. intermedia
D. capillaris

As per ICPS:
[D. binata] Waihohonu Desert Road (1080 m elevation), New Zealand — This is a highland type with leaves 6 to 10 cm tall. The plants remain dormant longer than the lowland varieties and can survive USDA zone 7 winters outside with protection from freeze-drying. It is an excellent choice for cold climates where it can be grown outside during the summer and stored over the winter in a garage or other cool location.

To trade I have seeds circa 2015:

-S. purpurea (Canada)
-D. aliciae
-D. hartmeyerorum
-Drosophyllum
-Unknown sarra, probably a pure S. flava
-15 vft seeds

After this my hobby-sized carnivorous plant collection will be complete with:

Current:
D. finlaysoniana (thanks Shadowtski!!)
3x S. leucophylla
S. alata
S. minor
7x typical dionaea
DC-XL dionaea

Wanted:
D. filiformis (atlantic version probably best considering zone)
D. binata T-form Waihohonu Desert Road (1080 m elevation), New Zealand
D. intermedia
D. capillaris
U. subulata--maybe :indecisiveness:

Last edited:
I have seeds of all but subulata and the Waihohonu binata (I grow it, but haven't gotten it to make seeds for me yet). PM me to arrange something.

I have seeds of all but subulata and the Waihohonu binata (I grow it, but haven't gotten it to make seeds for me yet). PM me to arrange something.

Thx, PM'ing!

hcarlton has nearly every carnivorous plant under the sun!! Amazing grower. It's tough to make an equitable trade and I'd rather not purchase the common varieties:
-atlantic coast filiformis
-capillaris
-intermedia

But hoping he'll keep me in the loop on binata Waihohonu seed availability!

Until then looking for all varieties mentioned

Back