What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dookie DNA tests . . .

San Francisco, a city which has already taken no small interest in, shall we say . . . the business end of higher animals has now considered adding DNA tests to determine just whose rottweiler mix has laid cable on the co-op lawn. It began with a crazy story from Lebanon, New Hampshire that hit the papers -- but is now gaining some traction in SF:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs...mmentKey:78fd84d1-9906-419e-bb8d-d9051c5b81e9.

I couldn't help replying to this one in the San Francisco Chronicle:

"Fantastic!

"The discovery of the helical structure of DNA by Watson and Crick in the fifties has led inexorably to revelations about the mechanics of protein synthesis in the sixties; the gradual mapping of genomes -- first of goldfish, then of man -- in the late eighties, nineties and early two-thousands; and now the zenith of achievements: Bosco the uppity dog with IBS has taken a steaming dump on the neighbor's lawn. Oh, and I am deadly sure that the cost of such a service will be nominal.

"What triumphant music should be played for the occasion -- this new age in which we find ourselves? Wagner perhaps; maybe "Siegfried's Funeral March?" How about Richard Strauss and 'Also Sprach Zarathustra?'"

Last edited:
:lol:

How much would a poop DNA test run?

Only in California..
(although I shouldnt talk..im in NY, a close second behind CA on the insanity scale, anything that happens there can easily happen here too.)

Scot

Back