What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dont criticize me i feel dumb enough

by no one i mean other customers who saw what happened

i dont understand why they would call the cops though even if they saw it.............you didnt think it was a big enough deal to at the time did you?

yea i did only reason i didnt was cause my gf was panicing sayin not to

so..................you antagonized him, he hit your car and you called the police........right...........sounds like a good way to wind up in the hospital around here..........

They probably told you it wasn't working, so you'd go away. If it don't involve them, then they don't want to get involved. Most of the time they won't release the video unless you have a court order to do so.

Around here people have shot guns in there old trucks in plain view,at the feed store you see guns and ammo in plain reach and things like that ....
You could nail the jerk but it could be an exhausting court affair.

Around here people have shot guns in there old trucks in plain view,at the feed store you see guns and ammo in plain reach and things like that ....
You could nail the jerk but it could be an exhausting court affair.

dude thats nothing.....................ive been pulled over by an HP for speeding with enough rifles in plain view to outfit a small army.....the guy doesnt bat an eye, doesnt ask me what i was doing just gives me my ticket, says have a nice day and goes back to his car..........in LA i woulda been drug out at gun point and tasered :grin:

Lol god I hate my state. I seriously have to creep around with Mr. Peeps. God forbid I break the speed limit. As Rattler said, if I got pulled over with a gun in the car I would be dragged out and beaten Rodney-King-style. I've met a couple of cops that understand the efficacy, safety, and feasibility of widespread gun ownership, but the laws and the political consensus remains that guns are bad. It sucks...

Anyway, hey Adam, you should have just ran the guy over since the cameras were off LOL. I kid I kid. Why didn't you just call the cops yourself (despite what your girlfriend said... unless she wanted to pay for the damages)? You could have drove away like 50 feet, rounded back to get his plate number and called the cops. It's not like he's going to chase you down, and even if he did, the cops would be there to roll him up. Of course, you could just get yourself a little friend of your own, and next time some ***hole tries this you let him know you won't take his crap.

Oh yeah I meant to ask you, you said you put 20 bucks in and was considering which gas to buy... does that mean the guy came up on your 20 bucks? Like payment for hurting his hand on your car? Lol sorry, just kidding. It was too easy. On a real note, no matter what anyone else says, the guy was the one in the wrong since he was the one honking like an ***hole at you. You flipping him off was justified in my eyes. Why should he get to a be a prick and you can't be one back?

my view exactly!! I'm tired of letting people walk all over me or doing something and getting away with it. Granted in this case he did more or less but i'm tired of this :censor:.
believe me im getting a friend of my own but its gonna be double barrel and have the number 12 in it. Just hope i never have to use it...fear is weapon enough to me...

That's a bad reason for getting something with the number 12 on it, unless it's a 12-pack. As you said originally, you did a stupid thing. A stupid thing like that isn't improved by having a gun handy.

That's a bad reason for getting something with the number 12 on it, unless it's a 12-pack. As you said originally, you did a stupid thing. A stupid thing like that isn't improved by having a gun handy.

I agree 100%

Guns for this situation.. Who need courage when you have a gun.

"I have a gun. No one will bother me anymore because I have this" Guns give cowards balls - dude, you don't need a shotgun to make people pay attention to you.

Mr. Big muscles likely just wanted to feel like a big man by bossing someone smaller who looked like they would'nt (and physically couldn't) put up a fight. Man, don't you know Martial arts? Do you know it well enough so he couldn't land a blow anyways even if he wanted to?

Hit the weights in the gym, seriously. In High school I was short and pudgy and had to get out of everyones way. I hit the gym and I am pretty lean and muscular now, and now no one bothers me. Do you think that fella would have bothered you if you looked like you wouldn't put up with crap like that? No likely. Sounds more like an attitude change and a gym membership would do you better than a double barrel. A gun wont stop people from walking all over you. YOU need to stop people from walking all over you. And thats that.They are good for taking those people out, but they wont prevent these things from happening.

I didn't mean to say that having a piece on you is a substitute to knowing how to handle yourself. I just meant that when some jack*** is threatening to harm you and your loved ones, sometimes you can't always outmuscle them. Remember, there is always someone out there that can whip you. It doesn't matter how much you hit the gym or know karate or think you are untouchable. An attitude change would help, but likewise it would also help the clown that was honking at him. If I were in his situation my first instinct wouldn't be to grab my piece. I would ignore his honking and take my time to pump my gas. THEN if he had a problem and looked like he was going to roid-rage my face into pulp, I would have no qualms about using whatever means necessary for survival. Guns don't just give cowards balls, they give the underdog an upper-hand. I'd rather be called a coward with both my legs intact, then to be "courageous" and get jumped when I knew I was going up against my odds (and end up in the hospital). lol, getting beaten up doesn't mean you have courage.

he was threatening to harm me, idk bout my loved one. the only time i would EVER pull out a gun is in a situation that involved danger.

I practice on my own which isnt enough. I know enough to defend myself against my 6'3 buddy but thats also in a controlled enviroment. And with certain limitations.
Its not the attention i want but more the lack of...make sense? As to the weights i probably should but homework is a pain and i need to graduate on time to...well its kinda personal but hw is important. I would love to go to a M/A school but same situation. i have weights but the ones i made probably wony benefit me much...

Guns for this situation.. Who need courage when you have a gun.

"I have a gun. No one will bother me anymore because I have this" Guns give cowards balls - dude, you don't need a shotgun to make people pay attention to you.

Mr. Big muscles likely just wanted to feel like a big man by bossing someone smaller who looked like they would'nt (and physically couldn't) put up a fight. Man, don't you know Martial arts? Do you know it well enough so he couldn't land a blow anyways even if he wanted to?

Hit the weights in the gym, seriously. In High school I was short and pudgy and had to get out of everyones way. I hit the gym and I am pretty lean and muscular now, and now no one bothers me. Do you think that fella would have bothered you if you looked like you wouldn't put up with crap like that? No likely. Sounds more like an attitude change and a gym membership would do you better than a double barrel. A gun wont stop people from walking all over you. YOU need to stop people from walking all over you. And thats that.They are good for taking those people out, but they wont prevent these things from happening.

Instead of pulling out a gun, avoid the situation by not flipping off the jerk. It's like the old saying about getting in an argument with an idiot. First they drag you down to their level and then they beat you with experience.

Instead of pulling out a gun, avoid the situation by not flipping off the jerk. It's like the old saying about getting in an argument with an idiot. First they drag you down to their level and then they beat you with experience.

yep.....................we agree again Bruce.................is it a full moon?

Homework is very important but just starting out you would'nt be lifting for very long at all because those guys who work out an hour and a half need to work out that long because as you get better you need longer and more complex training. Just starting out, 45 minutes tops -likely less- three days a week isnt a bad start if you do the right workouts. Most people spend more time watching TV. Weightlifting does'nt need to be an everyday thing.

I think you're missing the point. Working out is good, regardless of the reason, but the PROBLEM is not that you're a skinny weakling or you don't have a gun. The problem is that you started this when you flipped him off. He honked is horn. That is pretty normal. You flipped him off. There's a difference.

It's like poking a dog with a stick, then complaining when it bites.

i use resistance bands a couple times a week........not even terribly seriously and i have already gained back the muscle i lost after switching jobs from hauling furniture to running printing presses 6 years ago..........if yah want perfect definition yah need proper diet and constant exercize.....if all yah want is more practical working muscle that doesnt take alot of work, especially on your arms.......main thing to keep in mind is your body gets used to a routine, and once it gets used t it you start loosing ground.......dont do the same workout over and over........mix it up on a regular basis...........

Back