What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

does the USPS move packages on sunday?

• Thread starter Zero
  • Start date
  • Tags
    send
I know they don't deliver on sunday, but if I send out a package will it be trucked on sunday or does it just sit in the back of a truck on sunday?
thanks,
Zero

I ship priority packages ever day of the week except Friday. Most priority deliveries are 2 day... So ship Thursday, they generally arrive on Sat. Ship Sat they arrive Monday. Ship Friday they arrive Monday. From this, I would say, yes they move on Sunday- safely. I'll look through my trucking numbers and see if I can find one that shows it moved on a Sunday....
Andrew

edit: here is an example of a Sat. shipped package.

- Delivered, October 20, 2008, 10:57 am, CARROLLTON, TX 75007
- Arrival at Unit, October 20, 2008, 4:09 am, CARROLLTON, TX 75007
- Processed, October 20, 2008, 1:42 am, COPPELL, TX 75099
- Processed, October 18, 2008, 10:47 pm, PHOENIX, AZ 85043
- Electronic Shipping Info Received, October 18, 2008
- Acceptance, October 18, 2008, 11:22 am, TUCSON, AZ 85705

Last edited:
From my experience it's their best day. I traded with someone a while back that specifically asked me to ship on Saturday so that their box would be in transit Sunday, and I've been shipping that way ever since. Priority is pretty much always two days that way.
~Joe

Yeah, saturday is the best day to ship according to many people and a well known dealer.

Talking strictly about Priority Mail, I prefer shipping on Saturdays too. If you're going to do that, however, make sure you drop off the package soon enough that the package reaches a regional collection point in time to continue on its way to Fedex, which carries Priority Mail. It might be impossible in some rural areas, so be careful if that's where you are. Otherwise a package might sit in a loading area at the PO or or worse until Monday. Ask first and don't take chances this time of year. When they leave right away, I think packages shipped Saturdays get the fastest service.

As a matter of fact, USPS does indeed deliver Priority packages on Sunday. You have to specifically select it in person. I've had several packages delivered on Sunday and as usual..it was always a shock when the mail person showed up at the recipient's door.

Back