What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want to be a NASC member?

Laura Z5 has come up with a cool program that may well help the NASC track its plants, and keep records of growing, distribution, and all kinds of things. Rattler Mt. and his lady Darla are tweaking it now and working on it for the benefit of the NASC and the growers and collectors of the Forums. May be a donation involved in getting one, but we will see.

great, If you guys need any after school, or weekend help, just pm or e-mail me and I'd be willing to help

ditto!
smile.gif

I'm interested in joining, depending on fee of course...

Mike Baldwin
Anchorage, Alaska

Hi Mike!

There is no fee!
smile.gif
Members are those who are willing to join us in the effort to save these beautiful plants from extinction! If you are willing to volunteer your time and skills, post your name here, and someone will get in contact with you. We need people who can grow plants, do PR, and everything in between. Welcome to the group!
biggrin.gif

To the best of my recollection, there is no fee to be a volunteer for the NASC which really does need time and talent from this forum's participants to insure its success.

Membership to the NASC will require an annual fee at some point in time down the road.  The fee discussed was affordable but was not set in stone.  There will come a point in time when it will be necessary to charge a fee for NASC membership to keep the conservancy afloat by covering minimal operating expenses. More information on a fee schedule isn't available right now and might not be for a while.

I'm a little on the late side, but...

Ryan Trupin
Simi Valley, Ca

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Aug. 04 2004,11:46)]1) list your name
2) list the state and area of the state you live in
Scott Weitzenhoffer
Houston TX (S alata native to TX)

April Hughes
Wauconda, IL 60084

John Manion
Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens
Boothbay, Maine

I just scanned this list and am amazed that apparently I did not sign up.
Bob Ziemer
Arcata, California

I can raise seedlings (no space for mature plants at the moment, I like the young'uns anyways,) help with web design, contact the press, and do all sorts of computer programming related tasks that may come up. I've also got a little graphic design experience and I'm a pretty strong writer.
~Joe Granville, Olympia, Washington

Cole Dietrich
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Paul Readly
State College, PA

S. purpurea, d intermedia, rotundifolia, various utrics

Historically more plants, wetland destruction for farming wiped most stands out.

Can devote outdoor and greenhouse (100 sq feet) the the cause

Dave Mesu
Neshkoro, WI ... Mmm Central wisconsin

I have a small natural bog in my yard, 20' diameter circle.

Native species:
Drosera anglica (Way up north)
Drosera intermedia
Drosera linearis
Drosera rotundifolia
Pinguicula vulgaris (Way up north)
Utricularia - 7 aquatic species 1 terrestrial
Sarracenia purpurea subsp. purpurea

Aaron King
Monterey, CA

smile_l_32.gif
Wholy cow i dont even remember if i added my name to the list.

Tracey Roney
Tustin, MI.

Jason Graham
Griffin, GA (about 40 miles south of Atlanta)

I would like to join and I am willing to help in any way I can - growspace, computer stuff, organization, etc. Although I have no rescue experience, I am available to do rescues in Georgia if needed.

Welcome Jaxon

Back