What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dividing a 10+ Year Old Sarr From FlyTrapShop

• Thread starter joossa
  • Start date

joossa

Aklys
Right around the time FlyTrapShop first opened more than 10 years ago, I purchased a S. x Catesbaei from Andrew. Ever since then, the plant has been an "Old Faithful" for me. Never has gotten pests and has survived many conditions. Always flowers in the spring and always grows a healthy crop of pitchers each year.

I have repotted it a couple times, but never divided it. After 10+ years of letting it do its thing, the crown has tons of growth points and is about 10in wide in diameter. If I wanted to divide each growth point, I could probably get 20 divisions easy.

I had to divide it this year finally and took some pictures to share. This thing was massive.

S26HwBq.jpg

gEVE1jU.jpg

OxkzmLZ.jpg

LpxRLhc.jpg

YhvtHSE.jpg

GNnlmTb.jpg

dlFGJ9b.jpg

Lun3gr8.jpg

k9HU5jr.jpg

tEe1qtA.jpg

Wow, that's a lot of plants, great growing! Do you have any photos of it when in growth?
Thanks for sharing :)

That's a S-O-L-I-D plant! Congrats on great growing!

Last edited:
If I am still around in 10 years I will be lucky but hope to have couple like this!!!!

Back