What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dionaea muscipula 'Coquillage'

I finally got around to taking some photos of my 'Coquillage' Venus fly trap and I created a page on FlytrapCare for the official cultivar:
Dionaea 'Coquillage' Venus fly trap

Like the Alien flytrap I recently posted photos of, this is my first growing season with Coquillage and I'm really liking this plant. The thick traps and short menacing teeth are really neat.

Below are some photos I took. Enjoy!
coquillage1.jpg

coquillage2.jpg

coquillage3.jpg

coquillage5.jpg

Whoah, cool! Personally, I think the shorter spiked cultivars always look more menacing...

I wonder if it holds prey in more effectively.

Aw man, that is one handsome plant.

Omg <3 <3 <3 :love: now that is wonderful!

Looks like a toy flytrap. Nice!

Very interesting cilia. Does it capture prey effectively?

I thought Coquillage was the one that stays like, compact and dime-sized no matter what...but this seems bigger than that...

Nice either way though!

I really like the look of this one. Does it get more red later in the season?

@liz that would be Cudo

Very nice although wouldnt a stronger insect escape fairly easily?

Thanks for the comments everyone!
I thought Coquillage was the one that stays like, compact and dime-sized no matter what...but this seems bigger than that...

Nice either way though!
It's not an extremely large flytrap, but it's not tiny either. As Doomsday mentioned, you might be thinking of Cudo. Coquillage seems to be an average sized flytrap.
I really like the look of this one. Does it get more red later in the season?
I can't say for sure because I've not grown it an entire season.

Back