What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DB's Byblis linifloras

Hello!

My Byblis liniflora seeds have started sprouting, and I thought I would share what I'm doing with them. This is my second attempt at growing them, my first attempt was actually 3 years ago when I first started growing CP's. The Byblis was my first ever CP grown from seed. :-D pic..

So, here is what I am doing this time:

Soil: Roughly 1:1:2 - 10 grit silica sand:40 grit silica sand:peatmoss (Basically 1:1 - sand:peat)
Humidity/watering: Around 50% - 60%, being grown in the tray method. Water level is very high. (about halfway up the pot until they start growing more)
Temperature: Whatever my room temps are. Probably around 22 degrees celsius.
Light: Two t8 32 watt tubes, the "cool" kind. (White light) Photoperiod is 12 hours a day.
Pot size #1: Just over 3 inches wide and just below 4 inches tall. One plant in the pot. I kind of bend the plant a bit while measuring the pot.......... -_-
Pot size #2: Just over 4 inches wide and just below 5 inches tall. Multiple plants soon. Only 4 right now.

I didn't do any treatments to help germination, which explains the low and slow germination rate, but I don't need 50 plants anyway. So it's all good. :cool:

I check for sprouts every day, and no matter how small they are I transplant them with a tooth pick into the larger pots. Total of 5 plants that have sprouted so far.

Pics! (Sorry for over cropping them)
Pot #1:
Rainbow dash was my big brother's idea... He's a brony. The peeps that go on memebase or reddit will know what that means. :p
6462362235_b26035ae40_z.jpg

6462355495_dd62a827c5_z.jpg

6462354971_eb1a847110_b.jpg

Pot #2:
6462364995_739304fff6_z.jpg

6462367959_8969a30ac3_z.jpg

6462356271_5c4aa5d1ff_z.jpg

I will update this thread when I feel like it, or when they have some noticeable growth.

Thanks for looking!

Hey Devon! Looking great! Sticky green Ys!

images

Nice start! My fisrt time with B. liniflora I was given 23 seeds. I knew nothing about germination techniques at the time and treated like a sundew. In 10 days, all 23 germinated. I never had anything like that since. Beginner's luck for sure!

Back