What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darlingtonia californica

This is way too funny! Exactly 2 years ago I purchased a cobra lily from Lowes. I posted about it and Bugweed, who was a total unknown to me at that time, sent me a PM, imploring me to get it into dormancy. I got it as low as the 50's for temps, but I don't think it ever went dormant. Of course that was the first plant to be subjected to one of my experiments - the infamous stream, several months later. My current cobra lily is residing outside, on a porch fence, Indian Summer, still growing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (aprilh @ Nov. 06 2005,6:18)]800.
You read my mind April!  But since you didn't say 1000, you must have had some success
smile_m_32.gif

For all of you saying (1), here is my mature response!  
mad.gif

Try from seed, guys. Then when the weak ones croak, they'll be too small to notice, and you'll be left with just a hardy batch. Worked great for me. You'll never even know you did a bad job! :)
~Joe

I think the hard part is trying to pick out a plant from a Lowes cube that won't croak on you, soon after opening the cube. So the best route is make friends with a northern Californian-> Washington State and make a trade. mind you, I haven't done that - I just got lucky with my current plant.

Back