What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daddy Long Legs

Peanut

I like this
Hi everyone I've been breeding daddy long legs and releasing them into the garage(and the neighbors house:D) These are the only things that reminded me of....[PM me for story] before I...[PM me for story]

These daddy long legs may seem different from where you live. This is from Long Beach, California.
Here is a picture of one of the mother and its babies. I don't know if it you can see it, sorry :-(

I had the mother ever since it was a baby. I found it in the cornor of my grandpa's 1980's hippie van! :-))
The little dot things are the 2 day old hatched spiderlings:D. The mother is eating a fly-like insect.
Picture061.jpg

sorry for the bad quality. I only have a webcam.

Hope you enjoyed it!

Cool. How are they different from normal ones?

Here they are. These are more common as yo go to the east starting from Cali
long_legs.jpg

see the difference?

and if any of you have pictures of daddy long legs around your local area please post it :)
I would like to see many different types of DLL's around the world.

The ones around where you live looks more menacing than ours.

I mean cmon look at this thing! It looks like it has a skull for a face!
Pholcus.jpg

that was be cool if it did though.

they got nothin on Banana Spiders (Golden silk Orb Weavers if you'd rather)...

If I ever saw one of them I would probably die from fright- good thing they live several miles away from me I guess :D

Harvestman are astonishingly abundant in Maine hemlock forests. Can be dozens per square foot.

yeah, we have those harvestman everywhere in the wood up here in Maine. I have always heard them called daddy long legs here though. neat spiders, all legs no body.

ive always called them (harvestmen) daddy long legs.... even though i know they are harvestmen. :) we have several hanging around in the corners...ill try to take pics soon of mine...
Alex

I've always called them Daddy Long legs myslef, but I've heard people call them harvestmen before.
I've had 3 of them so far become prey to my VFTs.

BTW: those bannana spiders aren't as bad as you might think, but we do hav some really nasty ones, I'll see if I can find one.

Oh my god, i had a bad experience with a banana spider. Good times.

Creepy, but way cool! I kind of have a slight fear of big bugs, but at the same time I'm very facinated by them!

Just please don't go breeding crane fly's lol, (I'm deathly afraid of those things lol)

Do ya breed any other kinds of spiders?

-peace
-Gabe

Why didn't you tell me about the daddy long legs? You know I love them. :-(

um I tried to breed Wolf Spiders in texas but they are too scary. I used to breed Jumping Spiders, but its too hard. Jumping spiders were the best.

ok guys I caught a big black spider that looks just like a hairless tarantula. I kept it in a recatngular contair and about 3/4 of it is filled with peat moss. It stays on the side with no

peat moss, well i just think it creats a good amount of humidity for it since it came from the bathroom.

This morning i found it upside down. I know its not dead because when i opened the lid it stretched its legs. Is it molting because i fed it the night before. Or is it on the brink of death?

Any spider experts in here?

I'll get pics after it sheds or dies. :(

Back