What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. adelae - some pics of the species

Oddly enough, they're not supposed to like the heat. They should be faring as well a D. capensis in Singapore.

I really like your pics, Cindy. I can tell the leaves are big by the wavy margins! I am becoming inspired to see if I can do better with mine as I've always loved this species.

Oddly enough, they're not supposed to like the heat. They should be faring as well a D. capensis in Singapore.

ROTFLMAO

It took me more than 10 years to convince the CP world that D. capensis hates the heat here. The local nurseries still bring them in for sale occasionally so there are complaints on the local forum from time to time.

Unofficially, this clone of D. adelae should be named as such:

D. adelae "Able to grow in Singapore's ambient conditions; really hot and humid nights because it is basically a concrete jungle with lots of roadside trees" :jester:

I really like your pics, Cindy. I can tell the leaves are big by the wavy margins! I am becoming inspired to see if I can do better with mine as I've always loved this species.

Thanks! I would need to move the other clone to a cooler area. It is completely dewless! ARgggg!

So much for perpetuated myths....

Back