What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. Adaele

glider14

Always a newbie
Good news guys remember the post "No dew" where the adaele wasnt growing? I found the secret! even though humidity was at 80+ and temps where about 70 it wouldnt grow. i put a plastic cup over it and its already unrolled 2 leaves in just 4 days!!! i think it was the humidity that was the problem...
PICS..
capensis
DSC01063.jpg

DSC01064.jpg

and "experimental" adeale
DSC01061.jpg

But if humidity was 80+ without the cup, what is it now? I think that it was light, not humidity. The humidity you had before was enough, and the temp was just fine. These plants do just fine at 40% humidity, as long as it is warm and they have lots of light.

-Ben

My adelae does fine between 20% and 40%, the ambient RH of my apartment. They do like more humidity than the average sundew, but I don't think they require as much as your average Nepenthes. It could just be that your plant needed time to acclimate - it looks like it's seen some rough times. In any case, I'm glad to hear you've got it working now.
~Joe

Well in my opinion it was the humidity(i can hardly see in the cup) not the light or temps. i called it experimental because i have 2 different ones side by side so they recieve the same light and the one with the cup is the only one growing.
Glider

How many watts do ya give them?

-Ben

there are 2 50w bulbs on them im getting a larger wattage for one of them soon though

Back