What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats on the now named...

Thanks for all the kind words guys and gals but honestly it is just what any self respecting CPer would have done. It is a beautiful palnt and I am just happy I could be the one to introduce it to the world, have it TCed and, honor Mrs. Wilkerson and her family for all the years that they have cared for the bog that is their front yard. I know Mrs. Wilkerson will be thrilled. She is such a kind woman. Requests are coming in from all over the world for pieces of the plant.

Sir Bugweed, the Chelsea Flower Show is not until May. Go here for details: http://www.rhs.org.uk/events/chelsea2005.asp

The Southeastern Flower Show was a great sucess with it's first ever CP division. David Mellard and I took all the top awards. I took two trophies and a certificate of horticultural merit. The memers of the GCA were very impressed with the class and it's astutiness. I did not however win the highly sought after Species trophy I wanted. Ahhh, but there is always next year and I am already planning my display. Too bad thoes of you close enough could not attend. I hope you will try for next year.

Well congratulations, Brooks! Sounds like you did VERY well.
smile.gif
And there's nothing like having a goal that you reaaaaaally want. It'll keep you kickin' butt for the next year.

If you have any photos, we'd love to see.

Congradulations Brooks!

The babies you sent me are doing fine.

You guys and gals think that 'Leah' is great, but these 'Wilkerson's Red' look just as beautiful to me.

The range of colors from the different seedlings is too varied to describe. I will have to post some pictures of some of 'Leah's' offspring.

We are lucky to have a member with such a keen eye for an unusual Sarracenia. That, and his generosity for sharing with many people.

I hope that the TC will not only allow us all to have our own 'Leah', but her beauty will draw new CPers into the fold.

Thanks Brooks,
Tweek

Well done Brooks for getting it registered. It is definately THE Sarracenia moorei of them all.
Will you have time again to pop up to Telford again when you are at Chelsea?

Back