What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cleaning up the bog

i started the much over due task of replacing my racoon damaged bog garden yesterday. they TRASHED it just before winter set in, so i choose to let the plants sleep capsized, some not even in pots or dirt at all. i'm pretty sure i lost a few of my favorites. :-\
either way, i'm glad summer is about here and things are waking up!

most of the damage i pulled out.
DSCN5300Small.jpg

DSCN5280Small.jpg

DSCN5281Small.jpg

DSCN5279Small.jpg

less trashed plants...covered in slime & gook
DSCN5291Small.jpg

DSCN5292Small.jpg

DSCN5293Small.jpg

DSCN5294Small.jpg

DSCN5295Small.jpg

ripped up the liner, re-leveled the beds....new liner and dranage to go in on tuesday.
DSCN5282Small.jpg

DSCN5283Small.jpg

let the trimming begin!
DSCN5290Small.jpg

cleaned up plants.
DSCN5271Small.jpg

those who wern't tipped over and went through the winter more or less normally. lots of flower buds ;D
DSCN5274Small.jpg

DSCN5275Small.jpg

DSCN5276Small.jpg

DSCN5278Small.jpg

my own lack of weeding in march...whoops.
'Red Dragon' Venus Flytraps
DSCN5284Small.jpg

DSCN5286Small.jpg

Hey that one sarr with lots of live sphagnum in its pot...The label says ******* ***** *******, I have some plants labled with that same nursery tag. Did you buy it directly? I got my plants from a local nursery called ******* ****. They must get their plants from there. What kind is yours? :)

Edit: Whoops. I forgot I can't mention nursery names on this forum. :(

Ouch!!!! I know that shredded leaf look from my own experience. They should come back, though. Maybe you can put a cage around the collection?

Ah, I love yard work...especially if it involves anything carnivorous lol...
cool!

Did you buy it directly?
yeah, i got it from him directly. i live under and hour away from his shop in seattle. the plant in question is S. 'Redman' x leucophylla. i had never heard a of 'Redman' before i picked it up, it definatly lives up to it's name!

i really really didn't want to do it, but i am going to go ahead and put up a 2 foot chicken-wire type fence. if a single pitcher gets harmed from those :censor: racoons again, i'm going to invest in an electric fence.

Back