What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheaper Water for CP's

I use rain, snow, bog,...
Calcium would be good for Mexican pings.
I've collected eggshells and crushed them manually for some paphs of mine. I've heard that calcium carbonate isn't water soluble, but I don't think it'll do much harm anyways.

I collect condensation water from the air conditioner. During the summer months in Texas I can get about between 5 and 10 gallons per day.

I've collected eggshells and crushed them manually for some paphs of mine. I've heard that calcium carbonate isn't water soluble, but I don't think it'll do much harm anyways.

Calcium carbonate is definitely water soluble, but the solubility is dependent upon the exact form the CaCO3 is in, and the pH of the water. The lower the pH the more soluble.

I collect condensation water from the air conditioner. During the summer months in Texas I can get about between 5 and 10 gallons per day.

This I will have to look into...

Back