What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chat box bug

Lil Stinkpot

Lucky Greenhorn
I have a funny bug with the chat. When using FireFox I can see the chat when I'm logged off, but once I log in, it goes gray. I can't see anything in it.

It works just fine with Explorer, but that can only be a very temporary fixit.

What can I do?

I'm on the latest update of Firefox (looks like it says version 3.6.12) and I don't get that chat box error, but I do occasionally get logged out sometimes after I type something and I hit "post". I just log back in and the chat box works fine, mainly it's when there's a ton of us on there at once.

I avoid Explorer like the plague.

I let FireFox update itself automatically, so I guess I am also running the latest and greatest. The funny thing about the bug is that it's transient. I wonder if it's some stupid cookie or something.

I'll clear my cookies, when I feel like re-doing all my pre-saved passwords.

With firefox you can clear specific cookies...
Tools-options-privacy tab-remove specific cookies
That said, I don't think it's a cookie thing. Start by making sure you have all of the current chat files by being logged in and on the home page of the forum, hold control and shift and press r. This forces a refresh of all files on the page (while a typical page refresh only calls soft data but reuses all of the major files to make page loads quicker).
Andrew

:oops:

:awesome: I'll try that the next time it does it to me.

Thanks!

Back