What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cephalotus

First Post Hi im from the uk.

it's a general type of question ceph double ribbed & squat seem to be a rare collectors item over here or am mistaken?

Last edited:
just about every ceph other than typicals go for pretty big money in the states but i am not familiar with the double ribbed one specifically. I am sure that availability there is not the same as it is here but i'd be curious to know about the double ribbed ceph!

I am sure that availability there is not the same as it is here but i'd be curious to know about the double ribbed ceph!
It's an Unusual "Clone" on one of the Cephalotus websites in the USA.

Ye exactly what mobile stated if you look for photos you should see

Thanks for the website mobile. I haven't been able to clearly see the double rib until I visited that website.

I recently acquired a squat form from Jeremiah of Leilani Nepenthes.

Now that is very valuable information. Thanks for sharing! Those are very hard to come by.

just about every ceph other than typicals go for pretty big money in the states but i am not familiar with the double ribbed one specifically. I am sure that availability there is not the same as it is here but i'd be curious to know about the double ribbed ceph!

Here is one of my "double-ribbed" plants, where the lateral wings loop back upon themselves, and appear, in some examples, as two:

Cephalotus follicularis "Double-Ribbed"

Gorgeous example! Another plant on my "gotta have it" list. How do you guys find these plants!

Gorgeous example! Another plant on my "gotta have it" list. How do you guys find these plants!

Thanks -- and that plant, was from a seed batch, some years ago. It has since flowered many times:

bella,

Thanks for the pic's. Was the plant from a typical clone seed then or was it a cross set of seedlings?? also who did you get them off?

They were crosses of my own; and some of the seed had been from Oz . . .

Crosses of your own plants great stuff, bet it took some time to show the characteristics

Back