What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cephalotus reverting back to immature pitchers

Hello everyone, I've had this problem with every cephalotus I've had. Every now and then, my cephs will just randomly revert from mature pitchers, to immature pitchers... or some kinda of semi mature-ish pitcher thing... I Don't like this at all and it's very frusterating!!

Does anyone know why this could be? Could it be stress? Temperatures? Lighting?

Thanks...

If you'd like to see pics I have some. i just don't really feel like posting them at the moment. :p

uummmm.... here are some pics then.

This plant just started making mature pitchers, but then it made a strange wide immature pitcher...

033.JPG

049.JPG

and this one just stopped making mature pitchers:

034.JPG

040.JPG

please help.

i think there are two possibilities: either the plant is transitioning from immature to the mature stage still (happens with my heliamphora) or, the plant is in the process of making another growth point and is sending energy towards that part the plant instead of making pitchers. the crowns still look healthy. i dont think there's anything to worry about.

a mature plant is a flowering plant. just because it has mature leaves doesnt make it a mature plant. once it flowers, it should produce adult traps on a consistent basis.

Last edited:
How regular?
Could be seasonal.
If there are any variations in conditions, that could do it too.
But I would bet a change of seasons could be the reason....
either one.
My best guess.
And yes, I get that too, but don't give it much thought
as I have too much else to focus on.

Good luck. :-D

oh, lol. Well as long as it's normal then I'm fine with it. Thanks for the information. :)

Back