What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus from my trip

WOW, very nice to see them in the wild. Thank you for sharing these, and keeping these sites secret. :-D

outstanding John, looks like you had a very nice trip

envious :)

O yer mate seen many plants bigger than any hummer mate in the natural habitat , got some very interesting data and info on conditions and sun and other stuff
:)
J

Sweet! Thanks for the pics, John. *sigh* Must ... resist ... urge ... to ... buy ... a ceph!

Very nice photos must have been a nice trip to find so many cephs. I really like the ones that have the darker coloration with some green mottling on the pitchers as well.

Its awesome seeing them in the wild.

Amazing snapper! Too bad all of my family is on the other side of the continent, otherwise I'd be hopping on a plane to "visit family" the first chance I got..

In the fourth picture from the bottom, it's amazing how some of them are completely buried except for the opening of the pitcher.

Last edited:
so it looks like the majority of the cephs in the wild grow on hills? and grow with their pitchers facing downward?

the snipped flowerstalk in the 11th photo makes me partially sad---but is probably necessary since there's a shallow gene pool for the ones presently in cultivation....

beautiful plants John! thanks for sharing with us.

:drool:
Oh, that's incredible!!! :laaa:

I actually just had a dream that I had a ceph again last night. I was so in awe and so happy.
So I woke up and was like :(
But it's sorta relieving. Also had a pair of anaconda loose in my room apparently :lol:

That is amazing! First time I've seen pictures of wild Cephs

Of all the cps cephs are the most adorable to me! There's lots of others that are interesting or beautiful, striking, etc. but cephs are just so darn CUTE! They look like a nest of smiling little alien critters saying "feed meh" :-)) ONE DAY I shall have some!!!!
JennB

Great pics. Thanks for posting them.

Awesome pictures of an awesome plant in situ. Thanks for sharing, and for sending me all those seeds.

Don't worry, I wont tell anyone. ;)

Awesome pictures of an awesome plant in situ. Thanks for sharing, and for sending me all those seeds.

Don't worry, I wont tell anyone. ;)

ha ha ha , well the pic's tell the story dont they , and for those that dont know ceph seed will not be ripe till Feb next year !! all ways one trouble maker in a bunch hay !! ha ha ah

Nice pics snapper! :drool:

so it looks like the majority of the cephs in the wild grow on hills? and grow with their pitchers facing downward?

the snipped flowerstalk in the 11th photo makes me partially sad---but is probably necessary since there's a shallow gene pool for the ones presently in cultivation....

beautiful plants John! thanks for sharing with us.

yep truly incredable plants ,as far as flower stalks on these plants remember these are in the wild not in my back yard, so a subjected to wild animals and insects feeding on them too , there in true open wild counntry we call bush land !! at this young stage the stalks are very frigile and easly disloged more than likely a kangaroo hopping past and wiped the tall grass or reeds and cut it off or a rabbit having a quick snack , who knows ??
only one site had hill side growth , and most people know this site as it plastered all over the net ,and extreemly easy to see, if you get good directions , the others are just near water soaks and beside small streems , in with particular native growth, once you know what they growth with mainly , you can find them , but I had 2 people that have been doing and finding them for the last 40 plus years with me so a lot i went to have never been seen by others and hoefully stay that way !!

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

thaks for your comments , and i can tell you seeing these in the wild i got very excited about it ,they are 100 times beter in the wild than any T/C or home grown plants we may have >>

By going in the wild and looking at these plants i have learned a great deal about them but one trip dont make me a expert, seeing them in the wild and grwing them in my green house is complettly differnt , but i do have a better understanding of the growth habits now and what they growing in too
J

so what are they growing in

Thanks for sharing these amazing pics!!! Not every day that a seph bog is shown...

Have you been to mount trusmadi? I would love to see some macro, villosa, and eddie pics! :D

Back