What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus Blooming Size?

SubRosa

BS Bulldozer
For those who have bloomed them, what is the approximate diameter of a plant at its first bloom? Tia!

It's not so much a question of diameter than one of age. I have had relatively tiny plants produce blooms and far larger ones taking far more time . . .

Last edited:
Ok, that's good to know. Is it a definite chronological age thing, or more one of state of development?

Is it a definite chronological age thing, or more one of state of development?
For me, it was more about 'conditions'. Plants that I over-wintered under lights in a back basement room & summered outside, flowered every year - reliably. Those of the same size/age in the house rarely bloomed. YMMV.

I've always lived in that YMMV group and here is some further baffling proof of that.

Both plants are the same clone, taken from leaf pulls. Both are in the same watering tray and within 4" of each other in either length/width/height. The larger plant is actually younger (about 6m or so) but in a taller/larger pot. The medium is very similar, I do add in whatever extra mediums I may have around but 90% of the mix is the same. They are both indoors with constant temps. All the other Cephs that share that windowsill are doing nothing so far. Hopefully this is just the start and more will follow. Sorry for the bad photos but it is NASC packing day.
DSC_0228 by randallsimpson, on Flickr
DSC_0229 by randallsimpson, on Flickr
DSC_0230 by randallsimpson, on Flickr

Back