What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone help id this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy who collected the seeds is an Indonesian living in Sumatra and he's not very knowledgeable about the plants.  He's sent me seeds of "N. aristolochiodes" before that turned out to be somethinng else - after 3 years of cultivating them  
sad.gif
 so, the fact that he thought the parent plants to be N. densiflora when they weren't isn't too surprising really.

Coincidentally, we have some seeds from the same guy that he says came from N. angasanensis They're still tiny seedlings in-vitro so it'll be a couple of years yet to find out what they are.  Perhaps they will be N. densiflora  
tounge.gif

I'm back in touch with Charles Clarke again now after his move from Hong Kong to Australia so I've asked him to take a look at the photos.

There's really no substitute for going out into the jungle yourself.   I'm getting old and fat now, but one day I'll dust off that rucksack!

Hello,

Im certainly not an expert, but I wanted to note that there are some similarities between this plant and Nepenthes species # 5 on Malaysiana Tropical's website(Internal pattern of color in the pitcher and the large lid and long spur).  There are also some differences in color and shape between the two.  Maybe they could be related or different forms of the same species.  Unfortunately the picture on their website doesnt show any of the leaf of the plant.  Of course I could be way off also!

Matt

this should be moved to the identify plant forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back