What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Building Highland Terrarium in Near Future

In all honesty Stefano, all my experience is with lowlanders and intermediates, and lowlander /highlander hybrids that can take the heat of my terrarium, I just have not had the time to devote towards doing a highlands setup.

But I can tell you this, Phil and Jeff sell Sanguinea last time I checked, and it is an inexpensive plant, and relatively large if I remembe,r it's not on the site right now, so I don't know if they have it, perhaps they sold out, if so, tony is a great bet as well. Point is, it's a pretty plant, and while your adjusting your conditions, it's not to terribly bad if you lose the plant. your not out 60 for the rajah.

Martin, sorry to burst your bubble but he has his in COMPLETE different conditions as well as a different part of the world. i read on his site that he let's the humidity go down to 20% sometimes. That is why his Rajah probably wasn't doing the greatest anyway! Quote from a Nepenthes website........." Grow the plants how they are in the wild" Or try to get as close to those conditions as possible. Ram, I am GLAD I grow a rare and beatiful palnt. You think i wouldn't be? And according to my friend I bought the Rajah from said it is within 1 year of being mature meaning near capability of flowering. Ohh, crap I mistunderstodd him. I just went back to the letter now and REREAD it. Jesum, sorry all. It is within 1 year of being mature or what Martin said Mature characteristics. Jeez, I need to calm down and read slowly. Heh. sorry for the confusion.

NepG,

Just because a plant is mature enough to flower does not mean that it has the same characteristics of a chronologicaly older plant. For example, my N. ventricosa is mature (I know because it flowered) but it still has a ways to go before it'll be producing the nice 8" bulbous pitchers it is known for. It is all about time with Neps.

Back