What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

book - Growing Orchids at Your Windows winner Est $7

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was my first orchid book when I bought it ~10 years ago and it gave my first orchids the opportunity to survive while I learned how to grow them. Originally published in 1963 (this edition is 1972), it's older than most of the people here, but it's the best introduction to orchids I've ever seen. Most of it is detailed descriptions of various genera and species and how to grow them in less than ideal conditions. It has some b&w photos and a lot of b&w drawings. Here are the details:

Title: Growing Orchids at Your Windows
Author: Jack Kramer
Publisher: Hawthorn Books
Pages: 148
Cover: paper
Size: ~6" x 9"
condition: Fair (all pages present and none torn)

Unlike useless books that lead pristine lives on a shelf, this book was usually on a table or near the plants. That mean it has lived an active life and it has folds & creases. They add character. Now that I'm down to four orchids which I've had for years, I don't need the book anymore. The lowest price I found for a copy on the internet, including shipping is $3.64, so I'll pay for shipping by media mail if someone bids at least $3.64 for it. Thanks for supporting NASC.

$4.oo.

xvart.

Very nice offer. :)

This is a reminder to complete this auction. Either send payment or the item that was won. If the payment was sent and item received, please post here so this can be closed.

This is a reminder to complete this auction. Either send payment or the item that was won. If the payment was sent and item received, please post here so this can be closed.

This item was reported to have been shipped over 2 weeks ago. I assume that if there was a problem with this item it would have been reported by now. So this auction will be closed. The receiver can contact me personally if there is a problem.

Book has arrived and is lookin' good.

Thanks again, Bruce!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back