What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bittersweet Moment

I'd take it, don't mind the look at all. Got a little extra money at the moment too for shipping....

well thez that is a beauty imo,i also grow that cross and would be over the moon to get a pitcher like that

I've given that robcantleyi hybrid away now, so no need to inquire. Thanks.

I can think of at least one other cross no one's mentioned here yet that appears to have turned out amazing: burbidgeae x rc. Could be we just need to find the right species to mix with, or could be we need the right specimens.

I can think of at least one other cross no one's mentioned here yet that appears to have turned out amazing: burbidgeae x rc. Could be we just need to find the right species to mix with, or could be we need the right specimens.

Photos?

The only picture I found online was this one
DSCN7544.jpg

Sorry to bust in out of the blue, back to your regularly scheduled posts

Last edited:
I admit we expect big things from hybrids with robcantleyi, but in my opinion it is a bit early to shoot it down as a parent. Give them time to reach some size at least before throwing words around that they are failures. There are lots of more boring hybrids out there.

Regards,

Christer

There have been a few other shots from people, and unfortunately this is one I have missed out on as well, but most pics show that fat body and an amazing peristome.

I'm going to want to see photos from other growers before I declare that cross a winner - one promo shot from the breeder isn't going to convince me.

Agreed about the densiflora cross - that is the only one I've seen that I would consider growing. I did have the ventricosa X robcantleyi and grew it for a year - hoping and hoping it would become more interesting. In fact, it did the opposite - becoming more homely and awkward looking with every pitcher; reminded me of a cross between a giant pumpkin and the baby from Eraserhead.

On that note, just snapped a couple pics this afternoon:

4_eXdAr5UFPy2CZfvs4ScfSlI_ctQAB8MZQfU16aEB0=w575-h837-no

w6_9YdaIQPI0nIUSpF_xRTtpt1J4VndbNgxyhNPSWyM=w539-h837-no

That is a very handsome hybrid.

I quite like ventricosa X RC...

TariqVentxRC_zps8ac65b0e.jpg

TariqVentxRC2_zps719cd75c.jpg

the only other one I have is Densi X RC but we already know that thats quite good!

Agreed about the densiflora cross - that is the only one I've seen that I would consider growing.

Then that's more N. talangensis x robcantleyi for the rest of us :nana::

IMG_20141004_094504_439.jpg

IMG_20141004_094353_427.jpg

h9O--u3Utx0TyhmODBOzGShDiXjXqUijdls5Pft-xzs=w600

The only Rc hybrid I have is N. talangensis x robcantleyi and I must say I do like it quite a lot. Definitely one of my cooler plants. Here's an older pic:
IMG_0351_zps088181b0.jpg

Back