What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best time to repot?

DragonsEye

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite!
So my vft will need repotted this year -- the terra cotta pot is falling apart (I keep it outside until we start expecting conditions beyond hard frosts) and the moss growing on the media seems to be dangerously close to rising up and enveloping the vft. Currently, the plant is in the fridge.

Now I know most plants are best off repotting in the spring and have read that spring works well for vfts too. But my question is, should I repot before it even begins to show signs of waking, or after it has started to show the beginnings of new growth, or does it even matter?

Always best to repot while the plant is still dormant but vft's can handle it just about any time.

Right now would be fine. Just make sure the media isn't frozen, otherwise you're asking for a bad time :p.

Yeah, I agree. Now would probably be the best time to repot it because it gives the least stress to the plant.

Thanks, folks. :)

Right now would be fine. Just make sure the media isn't frozen, otherwise you're asking for a bad time :p.

My refrigerator is cold, but I don't think its that cold. :D

Thanks, folks. :)

My refrigerator is cold, but I don't think its that cold. :D
Well you live in Michigan so I figured it might be really cold there.

Back