What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best mini CP for orchidarium

Hi all, I have recently set up a 40 gallon terrarium, mostly for growing mini orchids, but I would like to add a CP into the mix. Here are my specs:
77F(25C) daytime temp, 59F(15C) night. I am setting up a cooling system so the tank will not go above 77 even in summer, and will always have at least a 10 degree nighttime drop. Temps will not vary much from summer to winter.
Fan for good air circulation
Humidity 75-90%
Lighting: This LED lamp rated at 1200 lumens paired with a Philips GreenPower LED Flowering Lamp.

I'm looking for any small CP, 4-8" mature size, that would thrive in these conditions and wouldn't be too difficult to get my hands on. Right now I'm thinking Heliamphora minor - are there any other suggestions?

f0d326ba515591b5ef9057932c9d54f3.jpg

Hmm, I imagine that a lot of the sect. Orchidioides / former Iperua Utricularia would do well in those conditions and for the most part fit in the size limits, but I'll wait for the experts on those. :p

Some plants that come to mind -

D. prolifera

N. glabrata/N. argentii

H. minor

U. orchioides sp.

Maybe even a Cephalotus, I grow mine with my Nepenthes in similar conditions as you.

Right now I am growing a N. singalana x hamata that is certainly not a large plant. It seems to me that it will fit in my terrarium indefinitely!

Back